The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My take on the 6.0 so far...

blluegames

Honestly with the new gearing system, This is why 6.0 is going to crash. It’s too much change too late in the life of the game. Every major publish has halved the population. This doesn’t appear to be any different. They don’t have the track record to pull this off.

Let me start with the change from Unassembled Components to to tech fragments or what ever they are called on PTS,

To me its another useless token grind, You get rid of one system to put in a new one that basically does the same thing?

My suggestion would be, scrap the tech fragments, Make components a legacy currency, instead of giving tech fragments out at the end of missions, give components, Utilize what players already know and have a understanding of and improve on it, Up the pricing a bit on the new armor to fall more in line with the current system.

A whole new gearing system for 19 tiers of gear is crazy stupid. Don’t forget that they just had this half done gear grind with Ossus too. A vast majority of folks I encounter don’t have complete 248, let alone 258. Folks that did bring 258 went into hibernation already. Now we have to grind out 19 tiers when most players are still stumble along to catch up too 258

The Amplifier system I see as useless too, we have never had such a minor thing in game to start with, why add in one now?? I'v been playing since close to launch and have never seen anything like that in the game to this date, To me it is confusing and iv been reading about it and trying to figure it out while i'm on PTS, what about for the new players that is going to be a lot for them alone.

The game state isn’t good, I’m just not seeing it. I do think people will come back for 6. Seeing as how they aren’t addressing the actual game though, there’s -nothing- that will make them stay. At the very least, get the engine on the latest direct x so that it can take advantage of more than 2 cores, and 2gb of video memory. The game brings even 4ghz processors to its knees because it’s not been kept modern. Another gear chase is about the -last- thing the game needs. Sigh. There aren’t enough folks to make any of this stuff work, which means more folks giving up. We -will- get a bump when it’s released, but folks will see this complexity, the bugs that are certain to be in it, and that will be it. Even Vulkk there is using qualifying language (words like should, probably, etc) so you know you’ve got issues when even your biggest fans aren’t seeing it.

Honestly with the new gearing system, This is why 6.0 is going to crash. It’s too much change too late in the life of the game. Every major publish has halved the population. This doesn’t appear to be any different. They don’t have the track record to pull this off.

Let me start with the change from Unassembled Components to to tech fragments or what ever they are called on PTS,

To me its another useless token grind, You get rid of one system to put in a new one that basically does the same thing?

My suggestion would be, scrap the tech fragments, Make components a legacy currency, instead of giving tech fragments out at the end of missions, give components, Utilize what players already know and have a understanding of and improve on it, Up the pricing a bit on the new armor to fall more in line with the current system.

A whole new gearing system for 19 tiers of gear is crazy stupid. Don’t forget that they just had this half done gear grind with Ossus too. A vast majority of folks I encounter don’t have complete 248, let alone 258. Folks that did bring 258 went into hibernation already. Now we have to grind out 19 tiers when most players are still stumble along to catch up too 258

The Amplifier system I see as useless too, we have never had such a minor thing in game to start with, why add in one now?? I'v been playing since close to launch and have never seen anything like that in the game to this date, To me it is confusing and iv been reading about it and trying to figure it out while i'm on PTS, what about for the new players that is going to be a lot for them alone.

The game state isn’t good, I’m just not seeing it. I do think people will come back for 6. Seeing as how they aren’t addressing the actual game though, there’s -nothing- that will make them stay. At the very least, get the engine on the latest direct x so that it can take advantage of more than 2 cores, and 2gb of video memory. The game brings even 4ghz processors to its knees because it’s not been kept modern. Another gear chase is about the -last- thing the game needs. Sigh. There aren’t enough folks to make any of this stuff work, which means more folks giving up. We -will- get a bump when it’s released, but folks will see this complexity, the bugs that are certain to be in it, and that will be it. Even Vulkk there is using qualifying language (words like should, probably, etc) so you know you’ve got issues when even your biggest fans aren’t seeing it.

I want to see it in action before I condemn it completely.

I would actually love to hear from the developers why they went with this model vs people grinding tokens for a "sure thing".

The thing is, I don't see it nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Originally, if you wanted gear progression, you would have to run multiple "hard mode" flashpoints, and were at the mercy of RNG to get what you needed. Once you had enough, you could then do story mode operations, then on to hard and finally nightmare mode.

In all that original iteration, loot was always RNG. The issue with it at the time wasn't that it was RNG - it was that a particular gear of loot was absolutely needed before you could even attempt harder content.

That isn't the case now, as anyone can jump into Story mode operations, and Groupfinder also helps with that.

The only progression grind left is Veteran to Master Mode Ops. Otherwise, people can access whatever they want to do, and the gear seems to be good enough, albiet not yet customizable or plentiful enough.

So before people FREAK OUT about RNG. Let's see how it actually plays. Maybe the steps they are taking will work better.

And at least they are trying to address it. They still haven't said crap about crafting, which people are bringing their torches and pitchforks over...

LOL the entire system is nothing but global RNG and you wont condemn it? And don't even think crafting is going to be viable at all. Have fun doing conquest for ten weeks straight just to craft one 268 MK ZERO gear piece.

The system we have right now may not be the best but one my old gear doesn't expire. My set bonus is on the armoring and has no level limit. I can mix and match if I need to. from 156 to 258.

So I am trading a crystal grind and daily grind which gives me a piece I can use for do anything I want and get a 1000% random trash RNG gear piece that I can't use?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

In all that original iteration, loot was always RNG. The issue with it at the time wasn't that it was RNG - it was that a particular gear of loot was absolutely needed before you could even attempt harder content.

See, that's very much not true. The loot itself was not RNG, you knew which content dropped which piece of gear, giving you a clear path towards getting what you wanted. The RNG was tied to whether the piece of gear that dropped was appropriate for your class and to whether you actually won the roll for it. You could actually mitigate the second bit of RNG by running with a group of people that you knew.

To summarize, you could do a particular activity and know you had a 1 in 4(or 8, for Operations) chance of getting the item you wanted.

In 5.0 part two: Electric Boogaloo, the last boss in a Flashpoint drops 1 set-bonus or tactical item from a pool of 484. And then you have to roll for it against 3 other people. How would you rate the odds of getting a piece of gear that you're actively interested in getting ?