The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gearing up on PTS 2.0 (for 6.0)

Darev

The devs have stated that they want to provide lots more ways to gear up. That "gear" is going to be far more available than it has in the past.

The devs have stated that the drop system is supposed to look at our average gear score (item rating) and make the drops according to our rating/class/spec.

I can say that the "class / spec" part of that is broken. As a sniper I've gotten tank gear pretty regularly. As a sniper, from the "random" vendor that uses tech fragments I get lightsabers/assault cannons/pistols. The system is not currently checking anything about my character (except maybe my average item rating). And no, I'm not grouped when I'm using the two tech fragment vendors on fleet.

And about that Average Item Rating. What use is it? If I'm at 280, why is it still dropping 270 gear? one or two, out of 20, ok...not too bad. But that isn't what I'm seeing. I'm seeing 1 or 2 upgrades out of 20. And if that was for a weapon slot, there's a good chance it's something I can't even use.

The 1 or 2 out of 20 system MIGHT be ok for out in the world every day looting, but it is absolutely NOT ok for buying gear off of vendors. There needs to be ZERO downgrades from vendor purchases. There needs to be ZERO RNG from vendor purchases (the RNG system described above - the vendor providing items based on mob drop rules - at least how it seems to me).

So far, from what I've seen, everything, and I mean everything, uses RNG (ok, crafting doesn't).

Speaking of "questing" on PTS...

While "questing" you get green/blue/purple drops. Honestly, on PTS right now, that *feels* slower than it does on live. I haven't counted, but I seem to be getting 50% of the drops I normally get on live. That's doing stuff like Heroics, like CZ-198....normal every day stuff.

This whole "gear is going to fall like rain" is great and all, but if it's all going to be vendor trash because my toon can't use it, and it's legacy bound so I can't sell it on the GTN (something no one seems to have realized yet) it becomes vendor trash....it's worthless.

I know it's too late to make the changes you really need to.

I know this system is going to go live and it's going to take you a year, or 1.5 years to find some sort of middle ground between what YOU and and what the PLAYERS want.

But think about this.

Only subscribers can use PTS.

Only subscribers can post to the forums.

We're telling you that changes are needed.

You didn't listen about GC and command crates. It took you around a year to fix that gearing system.

You surprised everyone with changes to conquest. It took you over 1.5 years to "fix" (and I use that loosely) that.

That's two strikes.

Edited by Darev