The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rename Game To GearTor

Tofo

Seems like all I do is grind for better gear. With what I have read next there is yet another gear system so we can start to grind for yes wait for it GEAR again.

You mean rename the game to MMOtor?

Because that's what 99% of MMO's are... grind for gear.

(And this is from someone who plays this as a single-player game, more or less)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

This is exactly why they do it. Cheap and easy "content". Gear grinds are't really content though. No new flashpoints or raids or pvp maps needed., No new story direction needed. No imagination required. Just "here's a new gear treadmill for you to keep playing the same years old content on; now keep paying that sub". Only difference is this time around an expansion is coming with it with five more levels to make the old gear you just finished grinding out obsolete. Now keep paying that sub.

Maybe if they hadn't pushed out gear grinds without new content attached for the last couple of updates people wouldn't be fatigued of another one this time. They've gone to the well too many times.

Precisely.

As I mentioned, too many people that dismiss the gear grind as necessary or "this is an MMO, so there MUST be gear grind, and I have NO other expectations for something different" react too positively to each new gear grind and snipe at anyone who dares to complain about the grind.

Your final point makes it seem even worse. Every time I get my main to the threshold of BiS, I either become too burned out to do more at that point and then just settle for purple gear with 228 augs for all other alts, or the newest grind is introduced very shortly afterwards and it sure doesn't make me want to burn out FASTER to do the same thing to all my toons all over again.