Stacking willpower (Rage tree)

Boxerz

Anyone done this and seen results with force charge, force crush, smash etc? Was thinking of picking up some willpower equipment to try it out but I wanted to see if anyone had done so before me.

Also does anyone know what the modifier for smash would be? I'm thinking it's probably strength but I could be wrong.

Anyone done this and seen results with force charge, force crush, smash etc? Was thinking of picking up some willpower equipment to try it out but I wanted to see if anyone had done so before me.

Also does anyone know what the modifier for smash would be? I'm thinking it's probably strength but I could be wrong.

Take Jaesa equipment and try it out.

Umm unless I am severely mistaken, when you are leveling early wou are specifically noted that STR affects your force attacks not wp. WP is for inquis.

I was just looking at my stats and what not and it mentioned that willpower effects your force damage, so I was just curious to see if anyone had tried it.

I was just looking at my stats and what not and it mentioned that willpower effects your force damage, so I was just curious to see if anyone had tried it.

I could be wrong. Haven't tested myself. Good luck if you do and I'll update if I get the chance.

I have the opposite situation. I play a Sith Assassin (Deception - lvl 47 currently), and I regularly use str stims or str focus/shield as it dramatically increases my crit.

Getting 2-4% crit is worth losing 2-4 damage on my primary (as listed in the character screen). I can't say how effective it would be for a warrior, as I don't know how many force attacks you generally perform in your rotation, but the effect of diminishing returns on willpower for me far outweighs losing 100 or so willpower for 100 or so str. Not to mention the str shields/foci generally have more +force power on them then will power ones.

I would suggest trying it out at the very least, you might be surprised. 100 will power might add a considerable amount of damage to your force attacks, and only cost you a minimal amount of str/dmg in return.

Strength gives melee damage/crit and force damage/crit.

Willpower gives force damage/crit.

Strength and willpower are mutually exclusive on individual gear pieces. Getting gear with willpower means sacrificing melee damage/crit for an equivalent force damage/crit that you would have gotten anyway from strength(read:sacrificing melee for nothing).

Why would you take willpower?