The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is it too late to scrap 6.0 set bonuses and just continue on with current ones?

Banthabreeder

I've looked in every PTS class forum and nobody's happy about the new 6.0 set bonuses.

Basically, were all losing 2 of our 3 set bonuses. Our (2 piece) and (4 piece) are being replaced with +2 stat increases, of which some are not needed or are worthless, and only give 1 set bonus (6 piece). And it's a toss up whether that (6 piece) is any better than its predecessor.

It's one thing that the testers and people who read these forums are aware of the changes, but when this goes live, I can just imagine the outcry from the rest of the public on what a debacle this has become. Game evolution is supposed to go forward, not backward.

I swear it feels like Bioware is purposely sabotaging the game in order to get everyone to quit just so they can finally shut down the servers, close shop and move on.

Edited by Banthabreeder

I swear it feels like Bioware is purposely sabotaging the game in order to get everyone to quit just so they can finally shut down the servers, close shop and move on.

Rubbish. If they want to shutter the game, they'll just announce it and on the appointed day, they'll turn the servers off. No need to bother faffing about driving people away.

If they had an endgame in sight...why go to the bother of new abilities, revamping the gearing system and continuing to fix random bugs.

If it was a real endgame situation, the expansion would basically be Ossus-like, new tier of gear, no real experimentation, boost to existing op bosses.

Onslaught seems a little story-light, but it seems like they really want to breath some fresh life into gearing. I just hope the acquisition is genuinely "play your way" everyone wants BiS, regardless of whether they are running NiM ops or not.

Rubbish. If they want to shutter the game, they'll just announce it and on the appointed day, they'll turn the servers off. No need to bother faffing about driving people away.

I know. I know. That was a tad on the extremest. I probably shouldn't have said that cause it takes away from my initial request of scrapping the new set bonus and reverting back to pre 6.0 ones.

It just feels like their testing us to see how much they can take away or provide us with the minimal amount of new content just to see how long people stick around. There taking away 2 of our 3 set bonuses. I'm sorry, +2 stat is not a bonus. It's just another Mod, Enhancement, Augment that were forced to take whether it helps us or not. Endurance for a Sniper? Accuracy for a pvp player? Sigh. I'll shut up then.

Edited by Banthabreeder

Tbh, I was never a fan of the new autocrit setboni. Admittedly I cannot argue against them with logic. I just found them kind of "uninspired", or lazy so to say.

I always liked the class specific boni, which have been applied for most classes on the 2 and 4 piece bonus.

My favorite solution would be: Get rid of the autocrit, as you intend to do for 6.0 and offer 2, 4, and 6 piece boni as ever. Keep the good and loved ones and add new stuff AND let the player combine them by his own taste. To have the possibility to combine a specific 2, 4 and 6 piece bonus offers a whole lot of variety.

Add some stuff, which fit well in PvE and PvP. Add boni for burst, mobility, or whatever comes to your mind, but get rid of the new 2 and 4 piece boni. +2% to a stat is quite disappointing...