The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

General Difficulty on PTS

Darev

Yesterday while doing heroics to check out conquest points I noticed that the mobs were noticeably more difficult than I'm used to on live. On live you can charge right in and just steamroll everyone in the room for 99% of the heroics.

Today I made a new toon on PTS and didn't use the "advance to level 75" terminal, but ran the quests on the planet. I did this for two reasons. One, to unlock my legacy options. Two, to see if it was going to be more difficult for players.

The normal story quests and side quests are just fine. Maybe just a TAD more difficult than normal, but that could be because a LOT of the "buffs" and stats I'm used to having on live aren't there. No datacron granted stats. No +400 presence for having ALL of the original companion stories completed...etc.

As soon as I got Vette I leveled her up to 30...just because.

Once I unlocked the legacy for PTS, I switched back to my lvl 75 sniper in the ultra new gear (augments/stim/everything) and ran through the Black Hole Weekly.

All of the daily missions there were fine. The heroic, however, was noticeably more difficult. Now, currently, it's extremely easy. Now it's not. You can't just charge in blindly by yourself. I had to wait out some cooldowns and be methodical about it.

Still, totally doable, just slightly harder and slower.

I don't know if this is a result of the scaling you wanted people to test via flashpoints, if it is, it is ALSO affecting heroics...at least phased heroics.

Maybe it's just me missing all of the previously mentioned stats on PTS (can't say, but if that's the case, that's more of a difference than I ever thought). it isn't due to changes in level sync, in Black Hole, it looks to be the same.

I noticed this fighting Dreadtooth yesterday - on live, it's doable safely with 4 people with two DDs and a full tank/healer who don't go out of their way to deal damage. On PTS, the same 4 people with DDs doing around 1850 DPS each (18-20k rotation on lv75 dummy) and we ran into enrage problems around 15-20%. The tank was also taking a ton of damage compared to live using defensive CDs in the same way as on live.

So it definitely looks like the new scaling will make life on older planets harder, but honestly that's been a complaint of mine since level sync came into being: sync is a great idea, but the old content was still so laughably easy that it may as well not have been synced at all. I'm happy about the change and hope it stays.

I'm liking the dailies / heroics balance right now, but I'll be there'll be a lot of whining and whinging if it stays this way lol.

Just did EV SM and I think it's way too easy. We roflstomped the whole way, I'd say it's @ 15-20% easier in full 306 gear than current live version.

Edited by cibacrome

Have the same Impression doing the Ossusstoryline with a brand new Juggernaut (Vengeance) the overall "Killspeed feels more like playing the Juggernaut in Tankstance and not as an dd. Major Anri died serveral timeswhen it comes to Mobgroups (4 normal 1 stron) and the final Mission (in the Jeditemple) with Darth Malgus as Companion feeels more like Playing in blue 176 Itemrating than playing in 306. Died there 3 Times wich has never happend on Live.

Same excperience on Ossus - I'd say I'm doing @15+% less dps than I do on my similarly equipped Lethality Op on live server. Stats are higher, except obv scaled ones, guess the new stats curve is decimating tertiary stats more.

OTO, I don't hate that it's a little harder, but I imagine unless you're in BiS gear in 6.0 with the current scaling it's going to get tedious doing dailies, esp for ppl accustomed to current difficulty.

Eager to try some scaled HM ops, hopefully get to it sometime next couple days.

Edited by cibacrome