Preview vendor tiems

AidenRhen

How in the heck does one preview vendor items now? I CTRL-click on an item and see it in the preview window but it closes the vendor window. Then I open the vendor items again and my preview window closes. What the hell? I feel like Yosarian. Is this a bug?

Are you sure it's closing the vendor window or is the preview window just covering it? You can drag the preview window to another place in the screen to see. I think by default it overlaps the vendor window in position.

Whether it was an intended change or not none of us can say and BW has been silent on the matter, but when the new preview window was implemented a number of people noted that the window now closes other windows when opened. To get around this you need to check "Enable Moveable Secondary Window" in the interface editor. To open the interface editor click on the + on the main menu bar to open the Quick UI Customization Menu and select Open Interface Editor. That should resolve your issue.

Is this a bug?

It would appear to be a bug, either on your end (repair) or with a particular vendor. I just tried it with one of the nightlife vendors and the window didn't close. I tried it with "Enable Movable Windows" on and off**.

Does this happen for you on a particular vendor or every vendor you've tried?

**Try turning it on, if it's not already.

Edited by JediQuaker

Are you sure it's closing the vendor window or is the preview window just covering it? You can drag the preview window to another place in the screen to see. I think by default it overlaps the vendor window in position.

If the vendor window is really closing, that's because the OP has "Enable Movable Secondary Window" *OFF*, and if that's the case, you can't drag the preview window around.

Nothing on God's Green Earth (nor on anyone else's Earth of any colour) could persuade me to turn EMSW back off.