An article by PC Gamer: SWTOR is the BioWare game you should play in 2019

commanderwar

Not every player out there hated KOTFE/KOTET. If the writer enjoyed it, why shouldn't he say it? I certainly think that it had some weak writing at spots, the walker missions were insufferable at points and it should have had more variation for non-Force using classes, but there are parts in the class stories and SoR I can't stand either. Everything has pluses and negatives. I actually did like both KOTFE and KOTET a lot.

I wouldn't say I liked KoTXX a lot, but I don't think it was all terrible. There are some chapters I hate universally, but I've actually found that I enjoy different chapters as different classes. The chapters that dealt with the Force were pretty stupid when I was playing my main, an imp agent, but I quiet enjoyed the chapters that involved missions similar to things she did as a spy. On the other side of it, some of the Force focused chapters were fun and interesting when playing a Jedi. I haven't taken any Sith or Troopers through yet, but I'm assuming this will hold true with them.

Admittedly, it was a struggle to find any sense in my smuggler being head of the Alliance. I'm guessing the same issues arise as a bounty hunter. Of all those classes, those are the ones that really don't mesh with any of that stuff.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say I liked KoTXX a lot, but I don't think it was all terrible. There are some chapters I hate universally, but I've actually found that I enjoy different chapters as different classes. The chapters that dealt with the Force were pretty stupid when I was playing my main, an imp agent, but I quiet enjoyed the chapters that involved missions similar to things she did as a spy. On the other side of it, some of the Force focused chapters were fun and interesting when playing a Jedi. I haven't taken any Sith or Troopers through yet, but I'm assuming this will hold true with them.

Admittedly, it was a struggle to find any sense in my smuggler being head of the Alliance. I'm guessing the same issues arise as a bounty hunter. Of all those classes, those are the ones that really don't mesh with any of that stuff.

Ironically my favorite playthrough was with my smuggler. She's sarcastic and annoyed as I am about the whole thing and seems to realize how ridiculous it is for her to be in that position. I was surprised how much I enjoyed that experience after running too many Sith and Jedi through beforehand.

The bounty hunter made absolutely zero sense. At all. It's not even tangentially related to anything a bounty hunter would do or want to do, and there's no real outlet to describe how dumb it is like there is with the smuggler.