Loving Dantooine's Turn Based Combat System!

Sir-steve

While the xp->conquest mechanic is neat, it's obviously still broken and needs rolled back.

I have some fundamental problems with it too

- initial thoughts of some of the forums that it would help smaller guilds compete was imo wrong - the system is so easily grindable you'll never catch us large guilds if we want now. ever.

- the unchanged 15k personal conquest goal is now completely trivial and accomplished in minutes

- it hasn't been implemented in a way that doesn't break the servers

Edited by michaelcshow

- initial thoughts of some of the forums that it would help smaller guilds compete was imo wrong - the system is so easily grindable you'll never catch us large guilds if we want now. ever.

It's not really about competing for a spot on the leaderboard, because that won't be possible no matter what changes are made so long as rewards are equal for each player. This is fine, and arguably how it should be.

What this *does* do is allow smaller guilds to complete the goal for a given week more easily, meaning they can get what they need to upgrade their guild ships and guild perks more easily. This is what they can't compete on and the change makes this possible. It's a good one.

And I'm not just saying that because it also means fewer people AFKing GSF or PVP. Though it does mean that too so that's another reason it's a good change.

Here's hoping this means they'll extend double XP/CXP when they realize it and fix whatever is broken. Like it is it's nearly unplayable in places. I logged on in the middle of the night, played a few Heroics and said forget it because it was too terrible to play.