Bioware Appreciation Thread - Thank you, Bioware!

Nalestom

Uhh... read the thread title?

I essentially tried to convey to you that this is not a complaining thread. Can I clarify further for you?

It is a thread that promotes discussion. But everyone should enjoy and play a game the way you think it should be played amiright?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To you, perhaps. Your expectations are what's making this a negative experience for you. If we remove all assumptions and just view SWTOR for what it is, it's rather fun. If you disagree, you really don't have to be here.

I'm very happy with my soup.

Good, im glad you like the crunchy texture of fly carapice.

I on the other hand, do not.

And by your advice, only people who love this game should post

selfish much? "stop disliking what I like!" That mentality wont take you far

I ordered a game with out bugs that were reported in Alpha a year ago and Beta 6 months ago. I ordered a game that I could finish my class quest with (Day 12 and still no hotfix for Bounty Hunters). I ordered a game that had a lot of promises that didn't make it.

I ordered a Filet Mignon and got a McDonalds burger patty.

The budget was 300 million dollars for this game. They had more development time than any other game.

Get over your self MMO's have a ton of bugs at launch. But they usually are bugs from new builds of the game. Not bugs from 10 builds ago in Alpha.

Okay, if you're going to split hairs, I can play that game too.

No you didn't. Read the terms of the purchase, the ToS, and the EULA.

You purchased the physical game box and whatever came in the box. You got exactly what you agreed to. The box states that that's all you get and that an additional purchase is required to play the game. If you think you deserve more than what you agreed to pay for - too bad, next time read better.

When you rented the game account with your subscription fee, you were presented with the ToS and EULA, which you electronically signed, thereby entering into a legally binding contract. You obviously didn't read either of those documents, because they say, among other things, that you agree to the game as-is and with any bugs or problems or anything at all. If you think you deserve more than what you agreed to pay for - too bad, next time read better.

So, in conclusion, you ordered something and got EXACTLY what you ordered. It's your own damn fault that you built up expectations and made up all sorts of fantastical things that it was supposed to do, all in your head, and then got disappointed that it didn't live up to your expectations. You know, even if your expectations weren't inflated and unreasonable, you'd still be wrong because you still created all sorts of things for the game to live up to that were never in the actual contract. Oh, and next time, read better.

what assumptions?

people are posting based on experience.

you know the game launched right? and people are playing it, right?

you know that right?

making sure, caues it seems you don't know that the game launched on dec 13.

there are no assumptions at this point.

I'm talking about assumptions made about what should have been, according to ones own opinion. If you don't understand that, you're intent to ignore it. I just cannot help you.

It's more on topic than complaining in an appreciation thread, that's for sure.

If all I am doing is complaining, then all you are doing is gloating. What's the difference? I see something one way, you see something another way, you think I am wrong for seeing something my way.

I ordered a game with out bugs that were reported in Alpha a year ago and Beta 6 months ago. I ordered a game that I could finish my class quest with (Day 12 and still no hotfix for Bounty Hunters). I ordered a game that had a lot of promises that didn't make it.

I ordered a Filet Mignon and got a McDonalds burger patty.

The budget was 300 million dollars for this game. They had more development time than any other game.

Get over your self MMO's have a ton of bugs at launch. But they usually are bugs from new builds of the game. Not bugs from 10 builds ago in Alpha.

Like I said. You can have 300 million dollars and 3 years to make your own MMO similar to what Bioware has done. I think you'll find that, no matter how much money you throw at your code, the bugs won't go away.

Finding and stomping bugs is like proofreading a novel the size of a dictionary. Similar to how you can't shove money into a grammatically broken and horribly spelt book and expect everything to be okay, you can't throw money at a programmer and his code and expect everything to be okay. It can take hours upon days upon weeks to find where a bug is happening, and can sometimes take even longer to fix it.

Give the game TIME. Give Bioware TIME. I think you'll be pleased with the end result.

Nice assumptions bro

When did I once mention wow? How do you know I ever played it?

Also, when you order a modern mmo, you expect it to have modern mmo features

Combat log for instance is a no brainer

You mentioned WoW when 80% of the things you're crying about not getting in SWTOR are already things found in WoW and only in WoW. Hey look, I can read between the lines! I bet you're a loladin too, huh? Bro.

Okay, if you're going to split hairs, I can play that game too.

No you didn't. Read the terms of the purchase, the ToS, and the EULA.

You purchased the physical game box and whatever came in the box. You got exactly what you agreed to. The box states that that's all you get and that an additional purchase is required to play the game. If you think you deserve more than what you agreed to pay for - too bad, next time read better.

When you rented the game account with your subscription fee, you were presented with the ToS and EULA, which you electronically signed, thereby entering into a legally binding contract. You obviously didn't read either of those documents, because they say, among other things, that you agree to the game as-is and with any bugs or problems or anything at all. If you think you deserve more than what you agreed to pay for - too bad, next time read better.

So, in conclusion, you ordered something and got EXACTLY what you ordered. It's your own damn fault that you built up expectations and made up all sorts of fantastical things that it was supposed to do, all in your head, and then got disappointed that it didn't live up to your expectations. You know, even if your expectations weren't inflated and unreasonable, you'd still be wrong because you still created all sorts of things for the game to live up to that were never in the actual contract. Oh, and next time, read better.

Absolutely not. There have been 2 precedents set. SWG Trials of Obiwan and FF 14. They had to issue refunds because they absolutely did not deliver on what they said they would.

Swing and a miss.

Absolutely not. There have been 2 precedents set. SWG Trials of Obiwan and FF 14. They had to issue refunds because they absolutely did not deliver on what they said they would.

Swing and a miss.

Wrong. They didn't have to issue anything.

They did it to save face. Swing and a miss.

Edit: Before you say it, the difference between what you said and what I said is what they HAD to do based on what they promised to do. They didn't promise to meet all of the stupid expectations that people had, so they weren't obligated to refund anything. They had the *option* of giving refunds to save face or not because they never failed any promises or broke any contracts.

Edited by dreadpirateandy

Good, im glad you like the crunchy texture of fly carapice.

I on the other hand, do not.

And by your advice, only people who love this game should post

selfish much? "stop disliking what I like!" That mentality wont take you far

No one made you go to an appreciation thread just to sow dissent and post your complaints, there are plenty of complaint threads you could have gone to and you know it.

Your mentality of I will post where I want about what I want will not get you anywhere in life.

Give this a try head in to your Burger King and demand a big mac and see how far it gets you...out the door fast is what you will get...

You mentioned WoW when 80% of the things you're crying about not getting in SWTOR are already things found in WoW and only in WoW. Hey look, I can read between the lines! I bet you're a loladin too, huh? Bro.

because no other current mmorpg shares whats on that list

Your ability to read inbetween the lines seriously makes me question if you are a public safety hazard

If all I am doing is complaining, then all you are doing is gloating. What's the difference? I see something one way, you see something another way, you think I am wrong for seeing something my way.

Please tell us who was the bad man who made you come into this thread and complain....

Edited by Nategray

Give this a try head in to your Burger King and demand a big mac and see how far it gets you...out the door fast is what you will get...

At one point, Burger King gave out BigMacs to those who ordered Whoppers as a prank. HILARIOUS results, seriously. Some people got incredibly angry...

(Sorry for off topic - just had to share... looking for Youtube video, if it still exists)

Edit: Hmm... seems a lot of people have pulled similar pranks. Sadly cannot find the one I remember

Edited by PhinixPhire

To be fair if thats what I ordered thats what I expect to get and you better believe ill send it right back if im going to pay for it

MMOs don't come made to order...and if it's such a problem, leave? Or maybe wait until BioWare gets to some of the concerns you've mentioned? I just don't understand some people on these boards.

Anyways, I agree OP BioWare should be commended for what they've put together.

Thank you for the shards , I love seeing 3-5 people in huge cities , very immersive.

Thank you for updating Star Fox I forgot about rail shooters.

Thank you for companions having the same name , nothing like seeing a bunch of Khem Vals

Thank you for all the instancing and loading screens.

Thank you for exhaustion zones , I love having my exploring restricted.

Thank you for the horrible character creator

Thank you for beard and eye brows made of plastic and play-doh

Thank you for the paintings used as backgrounds , very immersive to know I can never travel to them.

Thank you for the lack of imagination on races we can choose.

Thank you for low textures on our gear.

Thank you for no LFG feature

Thank you for no search button in the Auction House

Thank you for the ugly yellow crystal I got for pre ordering

Thank you for not letting my decisions have any ramifications.

Thank you for the slow mount speeds.

Thank you for the mobs not pathing or moving

Thank you for not responding to any of our questions on the forums.

Thank you for the horrible items for the collectors edition.

Thank you for the lack of ambient sound effects

Thank you for not letting us customize our space ships with decorations

Thank you for the puddles to splash in

Thank you for the horrible UI

Thank you for the Justin Bieber haircut option

Thank you for no night and day cycle

Thank you for the horrible draw distance , nothing like flowers and grass grow as you run through them.

Thank you for the broken party and guild chat.

Thank you for no combat log

Thank you for no Mac support

Thank you for no guild achievments

Thank you for no guild bank

Thank you for no player housing or cities

Thank you for no appearance tab

Thank you for removing the match chest piece option

Thank you for no duel spec

Thank you for the meaningless crafting

Thank you for not listening to your beta testers.

MMOs don't come made to order...and if it's such a problem, leave? Or maybe wait until BioWare gets to some of the concerns you've mentioned? I just don't understand some people on these boards.

Anyways, I agree OP BioWare should be commended for what they've put together.

I'm confident they will continue to improve it as well. There are certainly issues to iron out, no doubt. Regardless, the game so far is entirely commendable.

Thank you for the shards , I love seeing 3-5 people in huge cities , very immersive.

Thank you for updating Star Fox I forgot about rail shooters.

Thank you for companions having the same name , nothing like seeing a bunch of Khem Vals

Thank you for all the instancing and loading screens.

Thank you for exhaustion zones , I love having my exploring restricted.

Thank you for the horrible character creator

Thank you for beard and eye brows made of plastic and play-doh

Thank you for the paintings used as backgrounds , very immersive to know I can never travel to them.

Thank you for the lack of imagination on races we can choose.

Thank you for low textures on our gear.

Thank you for no LFG feature

Thank you for no search button in the Auction House

Thank you for the ugly yellow crystal I got for pre ordering

Thank you for not letting my decisions have any ramifications.

Thank you for the slow mount speeds.

Thank you for the mobs not pathing or moving

Thank you for not responding to any of our questions on the forums.

Thank you for the horrible items for the collectors edition.

Thank you for the lack of ambient sound effects

Thank you for not letting us customize our space ships with decorations

Thank you for the puddles to splash in

Thank you for the horrible UI

Thank you for the Justin Bieber haircut option

Thank you for no night and day cycle

Thank you for the horrible draw distance , nothing like flowers and grass grow as you run through them.

Thank you for the broken party and guild chat.

Thank you for no combat log

Thank you for no Mac support

Thank you for no guild achievments

Thank you for no guild bank

Thank you for no player housing or cities

Thank you for no appearance tab

Thank you for removing the match chest piece option

Thank you for no duel spec

Thank you for the meaningless crafting

Thank you for not listening to your beta testers.

Amen +1

Please tell us who the bad man who made you come into this thread and complain was....

The "SWToR is perfect" crowd has the most flawed logic I have ever seen. You just want all the people not holding hands singing Kumbaya to leave. That takes subs away from the game. People not happy are how bug fixes and game improvements come along. I am sorry you think this game is 100% perfect but a lot of people don't. And a lot of people are extremely upset that bugs from a year ago made it into live. That itself is almost unprecedented.

Most MMO's have a lot of bugs at launch. But those bugs are usually the result of new builds. Most bugs from an alpha build are ironed out and then new bugs from the new build are introduced, it is a constant battle. But bugs from 1 year ago and ~10 builds ago are still present, and a lot of them. This is absolutely unacceptable for an MMO with a $300,000,000 budget, that is a lot of 0's. And especially unacceptable given the competitive MMO market right now and in the near future.

The "SWToR is perfect" crowd has the most flawed logic I have ever seen. You just want all the people not holding hands singing Kumbaya to leave. That takes subs away from the game. People not happy are how bug fixes and game improvements come along. I am sorry you think this game is 100% perfect but a lot of people don't. And a lot of people are extremely upset that bugs from a year ago made it into live. That itself is almost unprecedented.

Most MMO's have a lot of bugs at launch. But those bugs are usually the result of new builds. Most bugs from an alpha build are ironed out and then new bugs from the new build are introduced, it is a constant battle. But bugs from 1 year ago and ~10 builds ago are still present, and a lot of them. This is absolutely unacceptable for an MMO with a $300,000,000 budget, that is a lot of 0's. And especially unacceptable given the competitive MMO market right now and in the near future.

Did someone say it's perfect?

I'm pretty sure we've just been expressing appreciation.

I'm happy with it. I'm excited to see it grow. It's not perfect.

Edited by PhinixPhire

Did someone say it's perfect?

I'm pretty sure we've just been expressing appreciation.

I'm happy with it. I'm excited to see it grow. It's not perfect.

Well every time someone posts with criticism people %^ all over them and their opinion. I am glad people are having fun. But a lot of people aren't and for valid reasons.