Intended for GCD to reset if a key is pressed during GCD?

sfryman

Often when I try to use an ability and it doesn't go off for whatever reason, I reflexively hit the keybind again. If I press it too soon this often re-sets the global cool-down (GCD), but the action still doesn't activate. I end up running around (or worse, standing in place) for a few seconds with maxed energy but perpetually in GCD and so unable to get anything to go off.

This game seems to have a really hard time with fast key-presses. I set the queued action time to 0 sec, but swtor still doesn't like it when I hit my keybinds too "quickly".

Spamming keybinds seems to me a natural response to the "WHY ISN'T MY F#$%ING ACTION WORKING?!!?" feeling, so this is a really frustrating situation for me. But I'm trying to figure out if my playstyle is partly to blame.

Is it intended that the GCD is reset if you press a key during the GCD? If so then I need to train myself not to do it. In general the controls feel sluggish, but it does seem better if I "wait" for what feels like an excessively long time between using abilities (but really only a second or 2). Maybe when I get used to the 1.5 sec GCD this will improve?

Keybinds also seem more reliable if you right-click your target between actions. Right-clicking a target multiple times is annoying and if potential targets are bunched up, mis-targeting is common. I'm pretty sure there's something that needs fixing there, but the "perpetual GCD" issue might just be part of the game design?