Unable to unlock Chiss character.

DarkRavenUK

Did you claim the Species Unlock token from your Unclaimed Items in the Cartel Market after you purchased it and right-clicked on it to claim it? Items purchased from the CM go into your Unclaimed Items stash where they must be claimed before they will go into your inventory. Species unlocks must be right-clicked in order to apply the unlock to your account after which you will likely need to completely exit the game and log back in before you see that it was applied. Edited by ceryxp

In case of doubt (and because @ceryxp left out a detail), the procedure is:

* Log on to the character who bought the unlock(1). <<== The missing detail

* Open the Cartel Market panel (Ctrl+M)

* Click the "Unclaimed items" button.

* Click the "Claim All" button.

* Close

* Open the character's inventory.

* Right-click on the unlock in the inventory.

* Log out of the character.

* Create a Chiss in whatever class you want.

Alternatively, for the next species you want to unlock (except Cathar and Togruta now, and presumably also Nautolans later), save 600 Cartel Coins by creating a character of that species in a usable class and then level the character up to level 50. (No, Outlander token characters and characters levelled by the Master's Datacron don't count.)

(1) If you have already deleted the character, submit a (polite) in-game request to Customer service (*not* a bug report) to have the character restored. Provide as much as you can of:

* The server

* Approximately when you deleted the character

* The character's name

* The character's class (for a Commando, say "Commando" rather than "Trooper", of course, and likewise for the others)

* The character's species

* The character's level

Yes, I have claimed the item successfully. It went to my inventory and I unlocked it from there. Would the unlock be usable on all the English and North American servers or is it just on the one server...I unlocked it on the Darth Malgus server since I don't have a Chiss character on Satale Shan server yet - which is why I want to create one there.

Edit: I unlocked the Chiss character on the wrong server by mistake! :eek: Darth Malgus rather than Satale Shan! What should I do??

Thanks!

Edited by DarkRavenUK

And if CS can't / won't help, you can always take the old-fashioned approach, and level up a class that *can* be Chiss(1) from 1 to 50, at which point the species will be unlocked for free.(2)

(1) I believe that means "an Agent", although Chiss is a radically inappropriate species for the opening of the Agent class story, see box:

A "distinctive blue-skinned alien with weird red eyes that's a known Imperial ally species and rare outside its home territory" trying to go into Hutt territory on an undercover mission posing as a non-Imperial. That kind of inappropriate.

For the rest of the story, of course, it's not a problem, but it's definitely weird in the opening.

(2) That ability may well be a reason they cite for not transferring the unlock.

What about doing a Character transfer?? Or see if Cartel market has Character Unlock (all servers)?? :frown:

I have contacted Customer Services yesterday, so now I am trying to wait and see what they say.

Do you know of the CM has this unlock??

Thanks!

A character transfer would work (make sure you transfer from the server with the species unlock to the server you want the unlock on) but that costs 1000 CCs and the species unlock is only 600, so unless you're getting something else with that transfer, achievement unlocks, other legacy unlocks, class buff unlocks (you get CC for completing class stories so this may not be a benefit), stronghold unlocks, you'd be better off just buying another species unlock. Unfortunately, only Togruta and Cathar are account unlocks. The other species unlocks are per server (technically per legacy but you can only have one legacy/server). Hopefully CS will say they can help you. If they say they can't try sending a message to Eric Musco with a thorough explain of the situation. Edited by ceryxp