Font and Background Contrast

DuchessKristania

I don't expect that this is something that many people think about, but as someone with a visual disability it's an issue I notice a lot in this game. There are a lot of places in this game where the designers chose colors for dialogue boxes that don't provide much contrast between the words and the backgrounds. For example, the Galaxy Map is all shades of blue. another area that causes a bit of difficulty is when dark blue lettering is used on a black background. Speaking for myself, and I would imagine I'm not the only player with less than perfect vision, changing the coloring of the words to something that contrasts more with the backgrround would make a world of difference.

I realize something like this is likely low on the list of priorities, but maybe something that could be kept in mind for the future.

I'd love improvements in contrast. The old galaxy map was way better.

Overall, I find this game quite visually accessible (certainly better than most games, only reason I can still play it), though some of the stuff in KOTFE and KOTET was very hard for me.

Ex. dam exile village in Zakuul (can't remember which chapter)

Mouse droid. Ugh...

KOTET chapter 3 disabling the bomb. Removing the timer from story mode helped but still really annoying.

I'd love improvements in contrast. The old galaxy map was way better.

Overall, I find this game quite visually accessible (certainly better than most games, only reason I can still play it), though some of the stuff in KOTFE and KOTET was very hard for me.

Ex. dam exile village in Zakuul (can't remember which chapter)

Mouse droid. Ugh...

KOTET chapter 3 disabling the bomb. Removing the timer from story mode helped but still really annoying.

Yeah, most of this game is really good in that regard. I'm with you in that it's the only game I can really play anymore. Some of the darker chapters are really difficult, but if I switch to the very low graphics settings for them that helps a lot. Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything for the print and background lack of contrast. It's certainly not a deal breaking issue, but something I thought worthy of mentioning for future reference.