Actions from Investigation

MikeBradley

i did that with a different "game", so not 100% applicable...

the "game" was behind a paywall, so there was no f2p entry, or a demo to take a look on your own. for some ppl twitch and co is enough, for some it is not. so i gave them the login data from one of my multiple accounts, not the main account. so tested the game on their own and decided to buy in, or not. as i said, not 100% applicable.

but sharing account data also could be a more social behaviour. you know somebody who just can't efford to buy a subscription, but had fun in playing sub-only content. and you can't efford to gift the person one. but during your time offline, you agree the person to use your account for playing that. i know a family doing it that way. they are having one active subscription running and the others are having their f2p/pref accounts. and if the children wants to play an operation, not for abusing something, just for having fun during operations, they login into the parents account, who just are casuals, not playing any operation. in former times, it was no problem, because we had operation passes, but after deleting this option, there is no other way for them. and the ops player need to buy it with their own money, or get it as reward for reaching special goals. and others are asked, not to gift a subscription, because of parenting reasons.

so there are reasons to do so, without having anything bad in mind. and the most is selfmade by bioware changes during the time.

Edited by fabsus

so there are reasons to do so, without having anything bad in mind. and the most is selfmade by bioware changes during the time.

I know what you mean but they cannot have rules which allow this, mainly because it can be abused. So in order to avoid these issues they simply do not allow it at all. I also have friends who had their younger brother play their account when they were at work and he came from school etc. This was not possible to distinquish by the game as it was same computer, same IP address etc. I knew that when I whispered him and he didnt reply it was his brother etc. So yeah, it is being done, but the main issue is the cheating what goes on. If people buy a rating boost this will be done at times when this player probably cant, like at 4 am, so they get his account details, boost his rating at 4 am and then give it back to him.

i did that with a different "game", so not 100% applicable...

the "game" was behind a paywall, so there was no f2p entry, or a demo to take a look on your own. for some ppl twitch and co is enough, for some it is not. so i gave them the login data from one of my multiple accounts, not the main account. so tested the game on their own and decided to buy in, or not. as i said, not 100% applicable.

but sharing account data also could be a more social behaviour. you know somebody who just can't efford to buy a subscription, but had fun in playing sub-only content. and you can't efford to gift the person one. but during your time offline, you agree the person to use your account for playing that. i know a family doing it that way. they are having one active subscription running and the others are having their f2p/pref accounts. and if the children wants to play an operation, not for abusing something, just for having fun during operations, they login into the parents account, who just are casuals, not playing any operation. in former times, it was no problem, because we had operation passes, but after deleting this option, there is no other way for them. and the ops player need to buy it with their own money, or get it as reward for reaching special goals. and others are asked, not to gift a subscription, because of parenting reasons.

This is exactly the point. Taking money away from the game. Like buying a small soda at a fast-food restaurant and using the free refills for the whole table. Does that seem legit?

In the case of a family, it's technically still again the ToS, but there's nothing the devs can do about it since it likely comes from the same IP address, as Mero stated. This is very different from sharing your account details with a buddy who's too cheap to spend 50 cents a day max on a subscription. And another buddy, and another buddy, see what I'm saying? You're not authorized to "share" the subscription process with 5 other people for the measly price of $15. If they want to play this way, they can buy their own sub or stay f2p/prem. Hey, that way you can both play at the same time, since you're friends and all.