The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who thinks Ossus weekly gear box rewards should actually contain upper, lower or tech

It seems no matter which gear I choose I get relics around 95%. Since when have relics been an rng from every one of those categories? I've been playing since 2013 and I stopped as of April 2019. If the software doesn't work as intended and is therefore counterfeit, I feel I should be able to pay with counterfeit bills. Spending $150 per year to be aggravated with sub-par development ends now. Feel free to email me if you ever get things working or to let me know if you're ok with me bouncing a check to cover costs.

You're by no means the only person in the game to get tormented and made fun of by "RNGesus." Everyone hates, loathes, and despises RNGesus. But here's the bad news-- game developers love it and it's not going anywhere until MMO's themselves finally die out to something new that people prefer. And so it's pushed down our throats with the only alternative being, "Don't play."

As far as paying counterfeit bills, it's kind of hard to do that when you're paying the bill electronically. If you have a bank debit card and keep depositing counterfeit money into your bank account, it's the bank who's being paid phony cash-- they keep paying your card charges with real cash. Paypal works the same way-- they give EA/Bioware real money, while being given "funny money" in return. If you have a game card and load the game card up with counterfeit money, then it's not EA/Bioware you're paying with "funny money..." it's whatever game shop or other establishment took the phony cash and marked it up as a legitimate transaction. In other words, no matter how you slice it, EA/Bioware still gets their 100% genuine American moolah. It's whatever medium you employ to pay the bills, that got cheated. What the heck did THEY ever do to you?

And we haven't even gotten into yet, what happens, once you're caught.

The short-short version of that paragraph: EA/Bioware isn't that stupid.

I'll not disagree that ear pieces, relics, and implants drop far too often from the weekly gear crate. I think the problem is that those pieces receive equal weight, which creates an imbalance since they are more numerous. Take the tech crate for example. It drops main hand, off hand, head piece, and ear piece, but because there are three different ear piece options half of the drops will be an ear piece. BW could go a long way to improving the experience if they rebalanced the distribution by slot instead of piece. It may take longer to get the ear piece, implant, or relic you want if they did that, but at least you won't have so many redundant and useless drops (not counting the 175 UCs).

But, I have never had a relic drop from a tech crate, and I usually take the tech crate. If you are seeing this, and can record it, then you need to bug report it.

I am not complaining about rng. I understand how rng works. I started developing text driven games in 1980.

I understand how payment systems work. I have been paid as a developer in legitimate cash. The reference to counterfeit bills was an analogy.

I would like to see a list of possible rng drops that might come from an upper gear box, a lower gear box or a tech gear box. I would expect the list to actually govern the chances between the possible rng. It seems something is either broken or not well defined. I have since researched into game throttling and I consider this to fall into a similar category. Aggravating subscribers into making microtransactions to alleviate their frustration is simply bad business practice.

When I wrote code, I got paid for functioning programming. I got paid per sale, not like this subscription system. I was on the hook to make sure the program was well tested pre-launch, and to iron out any found issues promptly. Pay-for-play leads into a different direction, and we get used to it. The frog in a pot of water analogy applies here.

It seems not so in this current gaming environment. Gamers are becoming adapted to sub-par coding as the norm. This has got to stop. Games like Anthem, under development for years, should not have been released in that state and SWTOR seems to be driving subscribers to accept expansions that are similar.

I am pointing out what I consider unacceptable programming, programming that I will no longer pay to receive. This is the only game I have ever held a subscription to, being suggested by a programming colleague. He quit some time ago as well. I held out hope.

I apologize if these points were not clear in my OP. I sometimes use humor to relieve frustration, rather than terse or expletive language. I would rather dialog than condescend.