Change ranked ELO rating system to wins/losses point system

Lhancelot

Why change the present ELO system?

1. It's far too easy for a small group of shady players to manipulate and cheat the entire scoring system so they end up with top ELO.

2. The integrity of the ranked scene particularly the solo matches has been reduced to a toxic cesspool. Players rely on wins far too much and all it takes is one drop of a match, one win trader on your team, or one lowly skilled player to ruin all that was gained in ELO. This puts tons of pressure on honest participants to not cost the team a loss, and many players don't even bother playing ranked now because of the pressure players put on one another during matches.

How would a wins/losses rating system work?

Wins = 2 points

Losses = 1 point

100 points = Bronze

200 points = Silver

300 points = Gold

As you can see it's quite simple. Players will be rewarded for wins and losses, however wins are only slightly better than losses. This curtails players to win trade or drop matches, just due to the number of matches they'd need to drop or win trade to get points. It's simply not worth it.

I am just making up score numbers, if it seems too easy or too hard with the score numbers above the devs could do whatever they see fit.

I am just thinking of how to make solo ranked more appealing for players to want to participate, and also how to make it so it's not nearly as easy to cheat for ranked tier rewards.

This type of point system would also encourage people to participate for longer periods of time seeing it does have a bit of a time investment, just gaining the points necessary for the three tier rewards.

This type of wins/losses point system would also alleviate the hassles for BW having to investigate so many reports of potential cheaters.

This type of wins/losses point system would also alleviate the pressure and demand players put on other players to ensure a win. Many less skilled players refuse to even participate in solo ranked now just because of the pure toxicity this pressure creates.

The only drawback I see is it requires a time investment. That being said, these rewards ought to be hard to get! A time investment is better than having the rewards be easily accessible to cheaters while hard to get for honest players which is how it is now.

I think it's fair to say the present ranked rating system is broken and cannot be fixed. Over the years players have continued to cheat and ruin other ranked players experiences in the matches with cheating.

The amount of time BW must waste trying to sort out who is cheating and who is not has to be exhausting. The experience as a player trying to honestly gain ELO in solo ranked is exhausting, I personally lost all patience with it last year after a week of seeing the shenanigans going on.

I know I would consider trying ranked again if I seen a new system was put in place to calculate points up, a system that would be far harder to cheat.

I imagine others have some things they would add, or perhaps explanations on how to improve this system, I am curious to hear what others have to say.