Help Deception Rotation

SenseiGoju

I'm only 31 ATM, but my current rotation is

Maul

Discharge (surge)

Shock

Slash

Maul

Discharge whenever it's up and of course relentless.

I know I'm not doing something right.

Discharge -> Thrash -> Thrash -> Shock to start, based on how badly your "rotation" looks right now you should see a huge improvement just from that.

Deceptions rotation is kind of dependent on what proc's and your rotation will change as you get more talents, maul use, in pve, pretty much only with expose weakness buff to reduce energy cost. Or blackout/Shroud burn phases. Edited by antibiomech

Only maul on procs or as a stealth opener to take the first enemy down quick.

I usually maul, discharge on a weak enemy to two shot it, then thrash/voltaic twice and shock, replace with assassinate whenever it comes up. If I'm ever under 30 force I use an auto attack. Discharge is the best damage per force, Maul is good when you have the proc. Lowblow + maul + assassinate will kill a weak enemy even if none of them crit.

Only maul on procs or as a stealth opener to take the first enemy down quick.

I usually maul, discharge on a weak enemy to two shot it, then thrash/voltaic twice and shock, replace with assassinate whenever it comes up. If I'm ever under 30 force I use an auto attack. Discharge is the best damage per force, Maul is good when you have the proc. Lowblow + maul + assassinate will kill a weak enemy even if none of them crit.

Can you tell me the rotation you use?

like antibiomech said there's no real set rotation. from what I use I can tell you that I generally open with a discharge > thrash/voltaic > thrash/voltaic > shock like punman said but from there it gets iffy.

Use maul whenever EW procs. I try to only use 2 thrash/voltaics between each cast of shock, and you always want to use shock (assuming 2 charges of induction) and discharge whenever they're off CD. If EW isn't up and I still have shock and discharge on CD with the 2 charges of induction waiting then I'll use autoattack to regain some energy.

Can you tell me the rotation you use?

There is a sticky post at the top of this forum with the best Deception write-up I've seen on any of the sites, even including a priority list that will answer this question. It's not too technical with number-crunchy stuff but it's got all the pertinent info in it. Repeat after me: there is no rotation, there is only priority.

I said start out Discharge -> Thrash -> Thrash -> Shock because that's what you'll be doing at 40+, just replacing Thrash with Voltaic Strike. So get used to it now. After those four skills you will want to check to see if there's an EW proc, in which cause you'll Maul next. If the mob is facing you and you want to Maul, go find one pointing another direction, or Low Slash it (you don't have this yet, I don't think) or stun and run around, or whatever, but by the time you're done with all that, Discharge should be back up, and if you haven't Thrash'ed since your last Shock, you'll go back to the top: Dis -> Thr -> Thr -> Shk.

See why there's no "rotation?" Because there's a ton of choices and because all the cooldowns don't exactly match they won't line up right. While you're soloing you don't need to get it perfect but I wonder how many people who can't kill strongs or elites are using a sub-optimal DPS priority and not maximizing their damage?

Maul's NOT a big part of our damage. You only use it on EW procs, or if you're really sure you need a big hit right NOW and Assassinate isn't up and Shock and Discharge are on cooldown (they actually eventually will hit just as hard or harder than Maul.)

Just because the archetype our class is based on was called Darth Maul doesn't mean that we need to use Maul all the time.

Like others have said...there is no real 'rotation'. We are based on procs basically.

Maul only from stealth or Exploit Weakness is up.

Thrash > Thrash > Shock

Dicharge when ever I can but sometimes I wait until I have a few Inductions stacked (5 max?)

Assassinate when below 30% health, I adore Assassinate it's awesome in PvE and PvP.

When you are running low on force just you Slash.

Like others have said...there is no real 'rotation'. We are based on procs basically.

Maul only from stealth or Exploit Weakness is up.

Thrash > Thrash > Shock

Dicharge when ever I can but sometimes I wait until I have a few Inductions stacked (5 max?)

Assassinate when below 30% health, I adore Assassinate it's awesome in PvE and PvP.

When you are running low on force just you Slash.

i dont have slash what is that?

I think he means the strike that does not use force.

A question: If you are doing you rotation and EW does not proc. what is the best filler in this scenario. If you are waiting, cant maul, and there is CD on both Shock and Discharge, should you be using the crap no force strike or should you just VS or maybe just wait for the CD?

I am currently full Deception at lvl 30. I use Khem for a tank. Leveling as Deception is a blast. Gold Elites your level are killable without too much trouble, but be ready to use CDs and medpacks. I don't have force power issues by following a very simple rule. Don't use an ability unless procs are active (maul / shock). Discharge is high dmg and low force cost. Use Discharge on every CD. Fill gaps with Thrash.

I think he means the strike that does not use force.

A question: If you are doing you rotation and EW does not proc. what is the best filler in this scenario. If you are waiting, cant maul, and there is CD on both Shock and Discharge, should you be using the crap no force strike or should you just VS or maybe just wait for the CD?

Depends on how your force bar looks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.