Very critical, but I think ultimately fair "pre-mortem" on SWTOR

DarthDymond

Look at the numbers mentioned in thread link . 1.7 million in Feb 2012. F2P in Nov 2012. One word: Oof.

Mr. TheAresian, stop with your naysaying and doom and gloom!

The game is thriving, doing awesome, better than ever! Just because the game population went from over a million subs to F2P with probably 200k subs now if lucky doesn't mean the game is "dying."

In fact, I am going to guess since adding the awesome 5.10 patch there's surely to be an uptick in population with people clamoring to get back and participate in such a fun and engaging gearing system! Sure, the plethora of bugs added with 5.10 can be a tad inconvenient, but hey what game doesn't have bugs?!

Just watch, with all the new player influx thanks to 5.10, I suspect lots of new subs will start up which means the game is going to get TONS of funding and resources to make the next expansion better than anything we have ever seen before! Ever!

I am so looking forward to the newest roadmap, I just knows it will be awesomely wonderful and something that will just take our collective breaths away! I just knows it!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is thriving, doing awesome, better than ever! Just because the game population went from over a million subs to F2P with probably 200k subs now if lucky doesn't mean the game is "dying."

In fact, I am going to guess since adding the awesome 5.10 patch there's surely to be an uptick in population with people clamoring to get back and participate in such a fun and engaging gearing system! Sure, the plethora of bugs added with 5.10 can be a tad inconvenient, but hey what game doesn't have bugs?!

Just watch, with all the new player influx thanks to 5.10, I suspect lots of new subs will start up which means the game is going to get TONS of funding and resources to make the next expansion better than anything we have ever seen before! Ever!

I am so looking forward to the newest roadmap, I just knows it will be awesomely wonderful and something that will just take our collective breaths away! I just knows it!

You're right. i apologize for the negativity and from this point forward I will sit in quiet anticipation of the cavalcade of new servers that will surely be opening. Please forgive me for my doubting.

I just spent a moment wondering if you'd been replaced by a pod person before realizing about halfway through the post you were pouring on the sarcasm. :o