NPC Spouses and the Legacy Family Tree

VelvetSanity

For characters that married NPCs/companions, the NPC’s portrait should appear in the family tree as being their spouse...

Quick example, my consular married Lana, so wherever I put my consular in the family tree, Lana’s portrait should automatically fill/take/appear in the spouse slot next to hers. Same for my BH who married Torian.

Doesn’t whether a character’s put into the family tree determine whether that character has access to the legacy hold?

Not in the slightest. They are all available to be inserted in the tree, of course, but even brand-new characters that have existed for less than five minutes are able to hop to a stronghold and extract stuff from legacy storage.

Doesn’t whether a character’s put into the family tree determine whether that character has access to the legacy hold?

I used to think the same thing, but once I saw it had no effect, I stopped bothering with the tree.

If they revamped it to be able to branch out more than just the basics of siblings/allies/enemies/adopteds/spouse with limits on linking, I might use it more since I headcanon my Pureblood characters as either siblings or cousins and thier surrounding friends/foes.