Enter Bioware, the company that punishes you for purchasing their game!

Brene

And so many untruths.

To all of you people saying you'd rather be waiting in queues, disconnecting, lagging etc.....I do not believe you.

You would be here qq 'ing about those things while you are waiting in the queue.

Brilliant!! Have a Guinness my wise friend. :mon_cool:

Edited by XOrionX

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't be complaining if it was you in the game right now would you.

No, exactly. We all want to play.. The difference is most of us aren't tards and are mature enough to not post whining threads about FREE game time offered as a good will gesture/bonus to reward those who pre ordered the game.

Chill out mate.

Edited by Boundd

The launcher officially states the game has "launched." not launching, launched.

"This game is launched, but not done"

LAUNCHED.

Frankly, that doesn't matter. "Official launch" remains the appropriate term for when the general population has access to the game. The general population does not yet have access to the game.

The fuel has ignited, but the shuttle has not left the pad yet.

It's called a metaphor. In this case, it is a rhetorical device used to equate the subject of discussion to another subject for the sake of making certain details easier to grasp than they may otherwise be. Apparently you still did not grasp them.

Sorry, I was quoting Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka, who stated specifically in the game launcher that it has indeed launched.

Well personally if I don't get in a somewhat decent time frame, I'll be a bit disappointed ya' know...but, not enraged, although I don't appreciate paying the extra $5 for a supposed extra play time that may or may not might come as I understand it. But hey, the odds sure did sound pretty good at the time of purchas heheh.

What I found odd, was when I made my digital purchase through origin, the full amount hit my account, then this past week that "Charge" completely went ghost and the amount charged was refunded, netting a more positive balance. I'm wondering why this happens, and this isn't the first company to use such a technique or whatever you would call it.

-Still waiting and waiting, drinking some coffee and waiting XD

BioWare COULD be the first company with 900k-3mil pre-orders (since only boxed orders were counted and many ordered the digital edition)

BioWare COULD be the first company with the sense to stagger access so they ensure that they don't get a massive number trying to log in at once and clog servers

BioWare COULD be the first company to care about how customers experience the first days of access by trying to make things as smooth as possible

BioWare COULD be giving us up to 7 days of free early access so they can do these things without affecting our normal, paid playtime

Just saying

You sir saved it all in one brilliant post!!! Some of us just can't see the picture as a whole, and past our personal desires. I just hope BW knows that most of us do appreciate them.

inb4 cry and ib4l

Just putting this out there, Bioware is the first company in MMO history to do this staggered early access system (smart companies just let everyone in... RIFT did it just fine with around 750k preorders by simply adding servers... I played for nearly 15 hours straight that day [nerd squad])

So this also makes Bioware the first company to tell you to screw off and wait LONGER to play their game even though you paid the SAME amount of money (if not more) as other players whom get to play first because they happened to pay first.

Essentially what Bioware is saying is DON'T PREORDER OUR GAME AFTER AUGUST OR YOU'RE JUST PREORDERING IT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY LATER AHURRHURRHURR. With NO confirmation of the lowest amount of EAG time possible (I'm going to assume it will be a minimum of 4 days for EVERYONE including those ordering in Dec) they leave open the possibility that you could preorder today and get less than 12 hours of EAG time. Seeing as you pay 5.00 for EAG time, there is no reason to pre-order at this point and pick the game up 5.00 cheaper off Origin on the 20th.

Tell me how this is not a brand of social elitism at it's finest?

Like I said, inb4 'cry more' 'troll' 'nerd'

I know I won't get in until the 15th + as I pre-ordered on the 19th of August, I'm not upset about that as I didn't plan on getting in until then anyway. If I get in later than that? I'll probably be upset.

Wrong. RIFT screwed up big time. Lots of dead servers the way they did it. I know, I was on one of them (Greybriar).

I think this is hands down the optimal way to get it done. Sorry you disagree.

We should've AT LEAST been told what is going on???

"we email you at any second tell you its time" ***

why couldn't they figure out 500k wave a time and email us early week telling us who can get in when?

This is a huge fail start like never before.

Launch day is when you wana be ready take day off camp at PC etc... not refresh email cause no one has a clue *** is going on.

Do people not understand why the launch is staggered?

Here's a hint...over 1 million people all logging in at once and flooding the servers..results in queues to get in...and everyone trying desperately to level at the same time in the same zones.

It's a pain in the butt and frustrating as all hell.

Doing it this way ensures that the first wave wil be out of the starter zones by the time the second wave gets in...and so on.

It's a much smarter way of doing things.

Sorry, I was quoting Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka, who stated specifically in the game launcher that it has indeed launched.

Just not in the sense that we mean when we're using the term "official launch" for the purpose of this discussion.

When you have a launch sequence, it can get a little fuzzy where that definitive point of being launched is - especially if the definition of "launched" is in contention. We're using the term "official launch" for the point where the game is accessible to the general population, which really shouldn't be a point of contention - what else would you call the point where it becomes available to all to purchase, versus only being available to a select group? You could call the launch for the select group a "private launch", or an "early launch", or some such - however, the terminology actually in use for this event is Early Game Access (EGA).

The game has definitively not launched completely because it has not yet launched for all.

We should've AT LEAST been told what is going on???

"we email you at any second tell you its time" ***

why couldn't they figure out 500k wave a time and email us early week telling us who can get in when?

This is a huge fail start like never before.

Launch day is when you wana be ready take day off camp at PC etc... not refresh email cause no one has a clue *** is going on.

It's not Launch day.

Well when people PAY to get early access then it's a different story. If we didn't have to pay to get early access then no one could rage.....

You didn't pay for early access. You paid to reserve a copy of the game.

Edited by Jeryko

Ok, lets say they let EVERYONE IN.

900k+ people flood the servers.. wait time is huge, servers crash at alarming speed, you post a thread: "Bioware y u let every1 n!?"

I don't think I've ever seen a rough launch in which this sentiment was ever expressed. By and large, all complaints in those situations relate to the company not being ready for launch when they should have been, e.g. "your servers should have been able to handle 1 million players because you had every indication that there would be that many."

inb4 cry and ib4l

Just putting this out there, Bioware is the first company in MMO history to do this staggered early access system (smart companies just let everyone in... RIFT did it just fine with around 750k preorders by simply adding servers... I played for nearly 15 hours straight that day [nerd squad])

So this also makes Bioware the first company to tell you to screw off and wait LONGER to play their game even though you paid the SAME amount of money (if not more) as other players whom get to play first because they happened to pay first.

Essentially what Bioware is saying is DON'T PREORDER OUR GAME AFTER AUGUST OR YOU'RE JUST PREORDERING IT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY LATER AHURRHURRHURR. With NO confirmation of the lowest amount of EAG time possible (I'm going to assume it will be a minimum of 4 days for EVERYONE including those ordering in Dec) they leave open the possibility that you could preorder today and get less than 12 hours of EAG time. Seeing as you pay 5.00 for EAG time, there is no reason to pre-order at this point and pick the game up 5.00 cheaper off Origin on the 20th.

Tell me how this is not a brand of social elitism at it's finest?

Like I said, inb4 'cry more' 'troll' 'nerd'

I know I won't get in until the 15th + as I pre-ordered on the 19th of August, I'm not upset about that as I didn't plan on getting in until then anyway. If I get in later than that? I'll probably be upset.

Seriously what are you crying about?

They are inviting people in using waves so that the servers run smoothly for mutual benefit,you are comparing rift launch to SWTOR,SWTOR is clearly larger hence this procedure had to be taken.

You think they wanted to do this and hear people like you whine?

You're playing the victim game and thinking yourself to be important enough for bioware to attack you.

They have no choice in the matter they do not want a unsmooth launch.

Plus they gave you 2 extra days on top of your five, more pew pew less QQ please.

Miyaka,

Yah I can agree to a certain degree but, in my humble opinion, I would have liked to have thought that with the extensive amount of planning they did, and maybe partly they should have done, that there would have been a better delivery system of who's who in their designated waves, times etc. But, albeit, I'm not tech savvy in the gaming industry , you know, all the technical aspects that's needed to bring such an awesome game like this to life, to really say "This" or "That" and be all enraged about it. Just putting it out there also, i'm just speaking and not wanting to "troll" or whatever its called.

-Rivas

Seriously...you ungrateful bastards! You start complaining cause you cant get access to the game on the 13th and have to wait 1 or 2 more days? Be happy they let you access the game before the official release!

So stop your whining, go and and get some fresh air and work on your attitudes, for crying out loud!