Removing a Security Key

Stormcrest

Does anyone know how to remove a security key from an account? I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. I'm a long time player and have just returned after a pretty long hiatus. My security key is one of the original "dongles" and it seems to be dying slowly, taking several button pushes to get a code. I'd like to remove it from my account before it dies and I lock myself out... but I can't find any simple option to do this, though I might be missing something obvious.

Does anyone know how to remove a security key from an account? I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. I'm a long time player and have just returned after a pretty long hiatus. My security key is one of the original "dongles" and it seems to be dying slowly, taking several button pushes to get a code. I'd like to remove it from my account before it dies and I lock myself out... but I can't find any simple option to do this, though I might be missing something obvious.

Log into your account. On the left side menu scroll down till you find Security Key and click it. There should be a button that says "Remove my Security Key." If you don't see this option then you'll probably need to contact customer service. You can re-add another security key using either the SWTOR Security Key app, Google Authenticator, or Winauth Authenticator, all of which allow you to use your Android or Apple phone as a security key.

You can re-add another security key using either the SWTOR Security Key app, Google Authenticator, or Winauth Authenticator, all of which allow you to use your Android or Apple phone as a security key.

Small error. WinAuth does not allow you to use your Android or Apple phone as a security key. It runs on your PC, and turns the PC in to a security key.

But in fact you can use any "TOTP" authenticator app, not just the ones listed. For my first account, I use the 6-digit SWTOR official app on my phone, and for my second account, I use "OTP Auth".

Okay I'm having a lot of trouble with this, for some reason it won't send me codes properly or anything. Does anyone know a good number for customer service? I know I'll have to probably wait until after the holiday. For some reason I'm stuck in a customer service "bot" loop and I can't find a number to talk to a real person (though I could just be blind).

The problem as it seems is that when I first got "Old Republic" EA/Bioware messed up my pre-order. They couldn't update the quality of my pre-order so forced me to create a new account to get all by benefits. They were supposed to merge this years ago, but I gave up on chasing them since the game was working. The problem is that for some reason it doesn't like the E-mail (which I use for nothing but Old Republic apparently) and won't send me any kind of codes to that address (which I am also having trouble getting into now, though I have done it).

Normally I wouldn't care if my dongle wasn't about to die, I mean the current set up has worked for like 7 years of on and off play, but I've apparently got a giant mess to sort out and I'll need to speak to one of their reps to fix it somehow.

Once I get the dongle removed I'll probably work on using a phone based system or something.