Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Recruiting Darth Hexid and Master Ranos

Dragondog

I believe you need to finish KotET to get Hexids alert. In Ranos case, it would be KotFE.

For Ranos, it is *just* Chapter IX of KotFE. It isn't even necessary to finish "To Find A Findsman".

The same is true for someone else whose alert is "Privateer Enlistment", which I guess means "Paxton Rall".

Completing "To Find A Findsman" unlocks a big ol' pile of KotFE peeps, and also "Mixological Profiling" for Nico Okarr.

EDIT: I had a character ready to do "To Find A Findsman" who had only done KotFE up to finishing Chapter X (Kaliyo) of KotFE, so the above is empirical research, not speculation or self-falsified memories.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Not sure what the requirements are, it might be connected in doing some of the alliance alerts. I have done them all so I get the alert. It could be that if you haven't done all the alerts it might be locked behind that.

You get Ranos ONLY if you have achieved EVERYTHING through the former Dark vs. Light Event.

That's it as far as I know.

If you qualified for Ranos and/or Hexid, you will get an email with a "token" you can use to recruit them at level 1, every time you create a character, on any server. So actually you can "recruit" them without doing any of KotFE/ET, unless you specifically want to wait and recruit them via their Alliance Alert "missions" (which are nothing more than a few lines of dialog in your Alliance HQ on Odessen).

It's not the mail I'm talking about. I get those.

What I'm talking about is the alert so that I can recruit them on camera.

Did you happen to do the Alert or use the token for Paxton Rall? There appear to be several bugs with acquiring Paxton. From my personal experience, accepting Paxton's Alert places Darth Hexid into the Other Companions section and makes her unavailable. Others have reported that using the token to summon Paxton makes Master Ranos unavailable (Shae Vizla as well in some cases). I'm just speculating but, did you use the token to summon Paxton before you got to the point of being able to acquire the Alert or complete Paxton's Alert first? I'm wondering if perhaps the bugs that are making other comps unavailable is also affecting the Alerts for those comps.

Did you happen to do the Alert or use the token for Paxton Rall? There appear to be several bugs with acquiring Paxton. From my personal experience, accepting Paxton's Alert places Darth Hexid into the Other Companions section and makes her unavailable. Others have reported that using the token to summon Paxton makes Master Ranos unavailable (Shae Vizla as well in some cases). I'm just speculating but, did you use the token to summon Paxton before you got to the point of being able to acquire the Alert or complete Paxton's Alert first? I'm wondering if perhaps the bugs that are making other comps unavailable is also affecting the Alerts for those comps.

I haven't used the token or the alert to acquire Paxton yet.

I haven't started KOTFE or KOTET on any character. Should I still have received an email with token for Darth Hexid like the other special event / promotional characters (except HK-55)?

Thank you.

You should recieve a mail on all characters if you've earned them.

Edited by Eiter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.