The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shouldn't we be insulted?

Gwaneth

So here I am, Sith Warrior, Commander of the Eternal Alliance and I announce to the Sith that I am coming back into the fold and where do they send me? To a bar? On Nar Shaddaa? Shouldn't I be insulted that I wasnt' invited to Kaas City to meet with Acina? We do know each other after all. Why do I feel like they are ashamed to have me back? I feel like I deserve a ticker tape parade down the middle of town.

I found this to be quite insulting and I'm sitting there looking at the quest options and waiting for a "kiss my azz" option so I could leave and go with the Jedi. At least maybe I would get more respect there or the back barroom deal would make more sense.

I looked for any other posts and didn't see any. Am I the only one who feels this way? Just kinda curious.

You're not the only one, but there are lots and lots of dumb moments in various storylines. The very idea that the Sith Emperor would single out the smuggler as some galactic powerhouse worthy of being the next vessel is ridiculous.

You're not the only one, but there are lots and lots of dumb moments in various storylines. The very idea that the Sith Emperor would single out the smuggler as some galactic powerhouse worthy of being the next vessel is ridiculous.

Eureka! Finally someone says what i've said from the day i realize that that KOTFE came out, it is a storyline only for the Jedi & Sith. To have a smuggler or a sniper or a trooper or have Operative ect. (Range Users) other wise, this story is not for them, Move long, move long. I said that they needed their own storyline like something to do with a new Mandalorian uprising of great numbers. Where a Bounty Hunter or a Vanguard ect. Can thrive in that story cause it makes sense for them. KOTFE & KOTET isn't the storylines for them..........

Glad to see i am not alone.........

Well, it isn’t so much that you as a smuggler are such a galactic powerhouse. Rather, it is your more recent exploits, as a leader of the coalition on yavin, the person who defeated Revan Reborn, and then stood up to the emperor on Ziost. In KOTFE 1 recall Arcann searches the databanks of Marr’s ship and learns of some of your achievements. Remember that Vitiate has a great deal of interest in powerful people like Revan. Rather than consume Revan, he captured him. He didn’t do the same thing to Revan that he did to Valkorion and that he eventually tries to do to us in KOTET 9. So, I think he, in his own way, has a sort of respectful curiosity about you and your power. In the end, for Valkorion, taking possession of you is more about the new life experience of being “Alliance Commander.” Remember, if he were to win and defeat your psyche, then only the people in the throne room would know you, the PC, were actually Vitiate/Valkorion. So for example Senya and Arcann. After defeating the three of you in your mind, dispatching the bodies of Senya and Arcann wouldn’t be an issue. Lana might be able to sense you were gone but she probably could be destroyed just as easily as Senya and Arcann. And he gets a new acting part to play around with. He was benevolent dictator, husband, father... these were all roles possessing Valkorion allowed him to play, instead of just merely “Sith Emperor.” Now he can “play around” as someone else for the next century or so.

But then again most emperors are ridiculous after all. :rak_01:

Edited by Longriel