We have been patient... now what?

Yeldah_

While you have my sympathy, it is not reasonable to think it will get much better. It was a poor choice to move all US servers to th east coast, but it isn't going to change.

This is the reality of it.

They are not going to backtrack and re-create new servers across the globe, they did their change to save money and have proven they are not going to put forth funding into this game, at least nothing significant while they build and make Anthem.

By the time Anthem is out, who knows what condition this game will be in. Surely not better, and for them to even consider adding additional servers the game would have to be proving it's worth it to them.

If backtracking is off the cards enjoy your new and improved gearing system. Backtrack not allowed.

That's what they do, they double down no matter how bad of an idea it is to do so. There's no way they will ever create new servers though, no way. I don't bother with the new gearing system btw.

Just admit it dev team you intentionally sacrificed the Australasian players to save money. Confess, here and now, officially on your own forums. Explain your intentions to wipe us out to the community so that we can wash our hands of you. Or does staying silent create false hope and some more subscription purchases?

Haven't read a good argument for your case yet, why would Bioware/EA, or players from other regions for that matter, agree with you and have BW make a server for Aussie players if it would be a loss for the game and thus result in resources having to be taken from other things, like future content development? Edited by RikuvonDrake

Just admit it dev team you intentionally sacrificed the Australasian players to save money. Confess, here and now, officially on your own forums. Explain your intentions to wipe us out to the community so that we can wash our hands of you. Or does staying silent create false hope and some more subscription purchases?

Look. if you need them to tell you they closed servers to save money, then you are like the one in marriage who is lied to, cheated on, and abused who demands the abusive one to tell them they no longer love you for you to save yourself and leave.

Sometimes you got to read the signs and not wait on words to explain a situation, because generally when you are getting shafted the offender isn't going to tell you that's the case.

This company isn't going to send a rep into this thread to explain why they shut the servers down and will not be making new ones. They don't even bother responding to game-breaking bugs that are severely hampering gameplay for the players on servers that are active now.

They don't care about people who have awful connections to the game due to there not being properly set up servers across the globe. You shouldn't need them to spell it out for you... It's obvious.

What bothers me the most s the fact that it's been officially confirmed numerous times that SW:ToR will not get a game engine update (64-bit and DX11\DX12\Vulkan support). As a result there is literally no hope that the game will be smooth and stable for any more or less large-scale interplayer interactions, be it PvP or PvE.

Haven't read a good argument for your case yet, why would Bioware/EA, or players from other regions for that matter, agree with you and have BW make a server for Aussie players if it would be a loss for the game and thus result in resources having to be taken from other things, like future content development?

It is already known that multiple servers in strategic locations is advantageous for having a larger player-base. When you cluster all the servers together you limit yourself to at tiny proportion of the players that you could have. Same goes for the languages that you translate the game into. Bioware messed up in that department big time. Languages in English French and German yep. Shall we put the game in Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish or Hindi? Nah we don't need them.

People like you astound me. Everyone is up in arms about the population shrinking, game is dying blah blah blah. Yet you are perfectly happy to just let millions of potential subscribers walk away so long as you get your next expansion.

But it doesn't really matter what I say to people like you RikuvonDrake. You just don't give a damn about others. So long as you are satisfied everyone else can get bent right?

It is already known that multiple servers in strategic locations is advantageous for having a larger player-base. When you cluster all the servers together you limit yourself to at tiny proportion of the players that you could have. Same goes for the languages that you translate the game into. Bioware messed up in that department big time. Languages in English French and German yep. Shall we put the game in Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish or Hindi? Nah we don't need them.

People like you astound me. Everyone is up in arms about the population shrinking, game is dying blah blah blah. Yet you are perfectly happy to just let millions of potential subscribers walk away so long as you get your next expansion.

But it doesn't really matter what I say to people like you RikuvonDrake. You just don't give a damn about others. So long as you are satisfied everyone else can get bent right?

The current population of europe is 742,876,165... So how many potential subscribers do we have in those numbers ?

You are pretty much off if you think this game needs translated into some kind of african tribal language or asian or whatever to have more subscribers.

The game is losing population for one reason only and that is called LACK OF CONTENT.

Since KOTET came out, we have got very little content except 10 minute boring storylines no one cares about and don't make much sense.. we haven't god anything worth mentioning.

Sure.. a buggy hutball map, an arena, a reskinned Warzone, and crossfaction and matchmaking for PVP that really didn't change anything at all.

So you see. We need updates, content... bug fixes,dsync fix, easier way to gear by not forcing people into content they don't like etc.

We have instead new gear grind, more RNG.... more gambling more cartel market sales. This doesn't make people happy and they get bored of playing the same thing over and over again and move on to other games like ESO. A lot of my friends have done so and when asked why... the answer was obvious: there isn't anything left to do in this game.

Population of Asia 4.4 billion 3 years ago.

It doesn't matter. They're not going to invest in new servers, translations into new languages or anything else much beyond what we've seen the past 3 years. It doesn't matter who is right, why doing something else might yield better results, or how certain players outside the continental United States deserve better. None of that is going to happen. Enjoy the game as it is, bugs and all, until its not enjoyable any longer, then move on.

It doesn't matter. They're not going to invest in new servers,.

Actually they already did. They specifically called 5.5 an "investment" with their server consolidation; which was clearly a lie. It was a cost cut NOT an investment. If they can relocate the server on a whim like they did last time they can do it again and put things right now.

I am an Australian player.

I'm not sure what my ping is but I know that most of the time the in-game latency shows either one bar (with an occasional two bars) often sliding into red dot territory.

Then suddenly the game stalls to a red -X stop and if I am lucky, a minute or two later my character resumes in a flurry of actions once the blockage has passed, usually however the game crashes back to desktop.

I am running a brand new, super-fast laptop - Predator Helios 500, so I know it's not substandard hardware.

I am however based in country NSW - so my connection has to go from regional NSW>Sydney>Across the Pacific>West Coast America>however many hops across the USA>East Coast servers.

This is why I choose to solo in-game.

Edited by AureliaSulis

I am an Australian player.

I'm not sure what my ping is but I know that most of the time the in-game latency shows either one bar (with an occasional two bars) often sliding into red dot territory.

Then suddenly the game stalls to a red -X stop and if I am lucky, a minute or two later my character resumes in a flurry of actions once the blockage has passed, usually however the game crashes back to desktop.

I am running a brand new, super-fast laptop - Predator Helios 500, so I know it's not substandard hardware.

I am however based in country NSW - so my connection has to go from regional NSW>Sydney>Across the Pacific>West Coast America>however many hops across the USA>East Coast servers.

This is why I choose to solo in-game.

Straight up injustice that this man has to play with that performance. At the very least he shouldn't have to pay monthly for that level of service. I vote for California server relocation for one NA server. Come on Bioware help out your Pacific fans a little.

Atrocious game engine (still 32-bit and directx 9) that utilizes up to 30% of your PC's resources and still struggles with smooth 60+ FPS, miniscule content updates that take like 1 hour of total gameplay each, terrible CXP system, lots of bugs that make me feel like I'm playing a private server, and completely abandoned PvP.

But the worst problem is that in 2019 will be released a bunch of modern fresh MMOs that will cripple the playerbase even more.

Actually they already did. They specifically called 5.5 an "investment" with their server consolidation; which was clearly a lie. It was a cost cut NOT an investment. If they can relocate the server on a whim like they did last time they can do it again and put things right now.

Yes, the could but they're not going to.