Some questions about referral links

Savasalu

Hey everyone, as I said in the title, I have some questions about referral links, because I'm quite confused about how it actually works.

I know it says only for Free To Play players and preferred, but I often see people talking about referring subscribers to get more cartel coins, so, does it work with people who are currently subscribed ?

Also, I've seen guys in chat giving 1mil credits to players who clicked on their referal link, at first I didn't know why but now I kind of understand, and I'm wondering if I should do the same or not if I'm looking for quick cartel coins, now that I am in this kind of situation.

So, if you have any advice or experience about these kind of stuff, that would be welcomed, thanks !

Hey everyone, as I said in the title, I have some questions about referral links, because I'm quite confused about how it actually works.

I know it says only for Free To Play players and preferred, but I often see people talking about referring subscribers to get more cartel coins, so, does it work with people who are currently subscribed ?

Also, I've seen guys in chat giving 1mil credits to players who clicked on their referal link, at first I didn't know why but now I kind of understand, and I'm wondering if I should do the same or not if I'm looking for quick cartel coins, now that I am in this kind of situation.

So, if you have any advice or experience about these kind of stuff, that would be welcomed, thanks !

Well, if you click on a referral link and use it, the one you used will receive 600 cartel coins while you will receive 7 days of sub. That's about it but there could be things I missed which I most likely did.

F2p, preferred and sub, all can use referral links. If a sub clicks yours, you get more coins i think. It's 600 coins if a sub clicks it i believe.

Regarding the paying for clicks. In Darth Malgus i've seen all types of advertisements, usually offering 4-6 mills for a sub that has never clicked a referral before, mind you. Most of the times if not all, these are scams. Once you click their link there is no way to ensure they will pay you the credits, and most likely they wont. I've even seen scammers offering credits plus some rare items, but they are not trustworthy at all.

When i'm in the mood and i see these scammers offering credits for referral clicks, i usually whisper them to pay me first, and i'd click afterwards, but so far nobody agreed to pay upfront, therefore i see no reason to click their referral upfront.

As stated below, referrals are intended for those not currently a sub so those looking for current subs who have never clicked a link are intentionally breaking the ToA.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bioware

Playing with Friends is Rewarding!

IT’S ALL ABOUT YOU: As an active Premium player (Subscriber), you have a personal referral link to send friends! Simply log in and click ‘My Account’ then choose the ‘Refer-A-Friend’ option to get your link – copy and email to your friends.

EQUAL OPPORTUNITY:You can refer friends who have never had a SWTOR account or refer friends who played before as Premium players, so long as they have not been in premium status (Subscriber) within 90 days of the referral.

LINK UP: Give your friends your personal referral link and tell them to use the link as the first step when creating a new account or logging back in to an existing account. When they click through the link to create an account or log in, they are linked to you as your “Friend” referral.

They don't pay upfront because 99% of times, the guy will bail with those credits. I've paid first 5 times, and each, and every time, they ran away, and their excuse for it? "You should thank me. Now you won't pay first ever again, both in this game and in real life" So yeah… f off, with calling people, that just share their link through trade channel scammers, based on them not wanting to pay first.

For each honest referral 'buyer' there are 10 scammers. I've seen in with plenty of friends and guildies, therefore the only way to avoid being scammed is to ask payment upfront.

You are the one interested in getting clicks, so you should take the risk. Also the f off part is totally uncalled for, because i have seen scams first hand, so my claim is solid, not all but most of referral buyers in chat are in fact scammers. You may be, or may be not, i dont know you so i cant tell, but i can tell about a dozen times i know it has been a scam, actually.

Both people profit, that's true, but CC are much harder to come by than credits, so if you want to get CC you should be ready to take the risk, not the referral 'clicker'.

Update, I just managed to refer a subbed guy, I paid first (gave exar kun's armor set) and I feel lucky to not have been scammed.

Overall it seems pretty dangerous because you can easily get scammed or get called a scammer depending on whether you are willing to pay first or not.

But I got the 500 CC and it's nice to see honest people

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.