The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Suggestion: Quality of Life Improvements.

Dwrenn

After putting some time back into the game after a long hiatus, and becoming reacquainted with how things work, several items have become obvious as potential areas of improvement. I will try to list my findings as clearly and concisely as possible.

Nameplates

Since the games launch, we have had several additions to the nameplates in game. Legacy name, Legacy Title, Flair, along with titles and guild name can combine for a lot of noise on screen. I prefer to play with nameplates on for everybody, but hate how much clutter it can cause.

We already have a client side option to hide Guild name, I think it would be beneficial to many to also be able to hide title, surname, legacy title and flair. Perhaps some of these can even be displayed on the tooltip for those who want to showoff.

I understand the point of all these things is to be able to "show off" and it is great, however the visual clutter of displaying these things I believe should be adressed.

While still on the topic of nameplates, Although it has never been the case in SWTOR, The ability to click health bars in addition to the unit would be amazing.

Minimap

While overall functional and laid out nicely, there is still no option to enable rotating minimap.

Mouse Acceleration

Im probably beating a dead horse here, as this has been an issue since launch, but please add an option to disable mouse acceleration.

Understandable, See I am just the opposite. As a 12 year veteran of WoW, I have grown very used to clicking nameplates. I don't even use tab targeting. To each their own I suppose, but as mainly a PvPer, with the inability to bind individual targeting buttons (ie Target arena enemy 1 2 3 4) I feel the next best thing for me would be clicking nameplates as I play fairly zoomed out to see more and that can tend to make the individual units hard to click)