The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Master Mode Nahut: A brief description of the *pieces* of the Phase 1 puzzle

MattPucevich

• Dev Post

Greetings all!

Over this past 24h or so, it's been really cool to watch groups plugging away at the Nahut encounter and see how you're all attempting to evolve and refine the stock Veteran strategies to deal with the new realities of Master mode.

In a slight departure from the norm, I actually want to share some information with you all that may help this process. Specifically, I want to give some details about Nahut's mine launch sequences and patterns. I'm inclined to share this because I don't know that the information is as learnable as it ought to be, given the fact that the vast majority of what is going on during the launches is almost entirely invisible (save for one person). I think it'd be better in this case to at least let everyone know the pieces of the puzzle that are in play.

I'm going to spoiler tag this up quiet a bit so people can go as shallow or deep into this as they want, out of respect for anyone who might really want to work at this fully internally.

To start, completely unspoilery, here is a desaturated overhead diagram of the Singularity Chamber encounter area, which you may find a useful base for encounter diagrams of your own:

https://imgur.com/a/RMH7qIJ

--ENTERING SPOILER ZONE--

Prepare the Field (Master Mode):

Minefield diagram for Launch 1:

Launch timings and patterns (refers to diagram notation):

Whereas in Story/Veteran mode Nahut's Prepare the Field channel launches mines fairly continuously (one mine per second), in Master Mode the mines are launched in groups of 4 every 4 seconds. This creates harder breakpoints for the outcomes of when you manage to break the channel.

The mine launch sequence follows a specific order and pattern:

00s (20s remaining): Four nails are launched.

04s (16s remaining): One of the pins from pairs 1, 3, 5, and 7 is launched (randomly* determined)

08s (12s remaining): One of the pins from pairs 2, 4, 6, and 8 is launched (randomly* determined)

12s (08s remaining): The remaining pin from pairs 1, 3, 5, and 7 is launched.

16s (04s remaining): The remaining pin from pairs 2, 4, 6, and 8 is launched.

20s (00s remaining): Four penalty nails land in the center, effectively ending the encounter.

*In the first mine launch, the launch logic guarantees that either the north (1+2) or the south pair (5+6) will both launch their B mines first.

Launch 2 layout and pattern:

The pin positioning in Launch 2 is identical to Launch 1. The nail placement is different, however; instead of placing one nail on the west and one nail on the east vent, it will place two nails on either the east or the west vent:

https://imgur.com/a/us9TMmv

Lastly, the north and south "long" vents are active at the start of the second launch sequence. unlike the first launch sequence (wherein only the "thin" vents are active).

What happens after Launch 2 is completed (Master Mode Only):

Nahut does a thing in Master Mode after the second launch that doesn't happen in non-master modes. It goes a little something like this:

https://imgur.com/a/iR5YUx3