The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild Perks 5.10

OasisKid

Another item I have looked at from various angles is that things you have purposed or planned to do with guilds. Let me start off by saying do not add any perk that gives a large guild Stat Increases by any means. I believe that is going to really cause issues with your top end progression groups or guilds, what few that are left. Do I understand that perhaps you are trying to perhaps open up NiM to a larger audience sure? However that is not the route I would go to be honest tying it to guilds specifically the mega larger guilds. I might only be speaking for myself but I do not really conquest. I do not really like being in a large guild where I am simply a number vs a person. The other planed things minus the stat increases are rather handy and I have no qualms with whatsoever. I am not sure why or who thought it was a good idea to give a sizeable boost to end game content to large mega guilds. The only way I would support these stat boosting perks was IF they only applied to GF, Story Mode and perhaps just maybe Hard Mode but even Hard Mode might be a stretch for me. And if you are going to apply them to SM and GF please bring back all the mechanics you gutted from operations to make SM even easier. I just really do not think stat boosts are fair but hey it's your game that you make but if these changes go through along with a chunk of how you are handling NiM GoTM tuning Vs 258 Gear Vs Command Crates and don't get me started on the crafting mats needed for gear not to mention I just will shut my mouth. However if you go through with certain things I will no longer want to play your game because you have turned it into something that I don't find fun. Sure perhaps the lack of content i.e. raids means you have to give people something to "grind" or to keep them busy while you get 6.0 ready but I just think you as in the DEVs are going about it semi wrong and the direction you are going is really missing the mark when you really have the chance to actually get it right. Thanks a very concerned player Edited by OasisKid
Spelling Errors

Casual groups will not be able to do nim ops, no matter how much perks you give them. The high end gear usually don't worth the trouble to get, if you don't do the hard stuff. I think it's best if there is options and a clear way to get them. Otherwise, just play as usual.

Lets see if I can - tl;dr this post.

You're in a small sized guild. Manly full of people that you know and progression raid with. Your grievance is with the guild perks that will, in the end give their guild members certain stats that can help them along the way in OP's.

I've seen these perks giving by the guild once they level on PTS. I'm going to assume you know your class/spec and understand this game when it comes to maximizing your dps, heals, etc. I for one do not see these perks suddenly creating new NiM groups. These perks look like they may help out a player who knows their class, knows how to maximize their dps/heals, but is looking for the extra couple 100.

I feel it's always easier to gain that couple 1000 DPS over time gearing and learning, than trying to squeeze out that extra couple 100.

Don't worry, if these guilds have players only falling in the 60 percentile in their raids, pretty sure these perks aren;t gonna make them NiM raiders