How long ago did the "Sacking of Coruscant" take place?

Terin

The source given makes no mention of that timeline, though.

I just figure it's a pretty important detail to know, as it would considerably change the tone of the story. If the Sacking just happened in the past few years, then it gives it more urgency. If it's 10 or 20 years later, though, then it's more of a looming threat than an immediate one.

Just looking to get some clarification on the matter :)

considering the entire star wars timeline spans 10's of thousands of years, my personal opinion is that the difference between 5 or 20 years doesn't really make a difference.

It does when the game focus in on such a snapshot of the vast timeline.

By your logic you could say that the entire timeline of recorded history only spans >2 thousand years, so what difference does 20 years of that make?

• 10 months later...
In any case, I find it impossible that, within the few years of timescape of the game, anybody's Legacy Family Tree could actually exist, especially if you wanted one of your characters to be the offspring of another character and said other character's companion. Think about it.

In any case, I find it impossible that, within the few years of timescape of the game, anybody's Legacy Family Tree could actually exist, especially if you wanted one of your characters to be the offspring of another character and said other character's companion. Think about it.

That's never stopped anyone before. I've been playing MMOs almost continuously since 1999. And in almost every game, I've seen characters meet, marry and then have "kids" that their players would roll up, with little to no explanation as to how quickly said children matured. it was especially egregious in SWG.

As to the original question, though, the answer is 10 years. The Treaty of Coruscant was signed some 10-12 years before the start of the class stories in TOR (in years 21389-21390). The Battle of Alderaan was 13-14 years before that (21376), and the Sith appeared over Korriban in 21363 (13 years before Alderaan). Assuming Satele was 18 in "Return," she would be 31 in "Hope," 44-45 in "Threat of Peace," and in her late 50s at the time of the game. She might have been younger in "Return," but I'd wager not by much.