The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Customizable Title Token

Ylliarus

There are so many great titles I could think of that I'd like for my characters, but sadly they're nowhere to be found ingame. Asking for them individually on the forums in the CM Suggestions subforum would take ages and not all of them might be noticed by the CM team. Therefore I have a solution that could possibly be a very popular item: the Customizable Title Token.

Hear me out: when we use any of the Rename items from the CM, we are prompted to type in a new Characer/Legacy/Guild/Flagship name and once we are done the new name is automatically displayed/adjusted. What if we have a Cartel Market item that would work on this same principle, but instead it grants us a custom-made title. For example, one would use the item on their character called Examplus. A similar menu to the rename thingy pops up and our character's name stands already there.

"Examplus"

That bit we can't change, however, we'd be able to type in something in front of our character's name and behind our character's name.

"High-Inquisitor Examplus"

"Examplus, Bulwark of the Sith"

"Examplus the Jedi's Bane"

Once we'd be done we'd get the new title in our title select screen and we'd be able to choose to display it like all the other titles. It would be a great tool to add to the personalisation of our characters.

Naturally, the existing titles ingame (including CM titles) would be excluded from this item, in the sense that you couldn't for example do the following:

"Lord Examplus"

"Examplus, Revan's Heir"

Should someone attempt that they'd get an error message saying the title is invalid, just like those things can't be done with character names. The same would go for other words that might be considered inappropriate, offensive or simply not okay. SWTOR's systems clearly recognise those words when someone attempts to name their character that way so the same system could be applied to this idea as well. That list should include existing character names like "Palpatine", "Vader", "Yoda", "Marr" etc etc. and I'd also argue that titles like "Emperor" or "Supreme Chancellor" shouldn't be allowed either. But titles like "Baron", "Countess", "Duke", "Senator" and so on should be no problem.

Edited by Ylliarus

I adore this idea! This could really add to the RP aspect of the game, and something that Bio could make a killing with. They could probably really jack the price up, and I think ppl would still buy these tokens lmfao.

I'd price this token around the current CC prices for the Character and Legacy Renames, I think that would be a fair price. Likely the prices on the GTN would be much higher because I wager it would be an item in high demand, but 1000 CC for a Title Customization Token would be okay with me.

I'd price this token around the current CC prices for the Character and Legacy Renames, I think that would be a fair price. Likely the prices on the GTN would be much higher because I wager it would be an item in high demand, but 1000 CC for a Title Customization Token would be okay with me.

Well, yeah, I was hoping EA had a spy somewhere on the forums to tempt them :rolleyes::p:D

This is a great idea. I'm all for it as it would allow me to properly customize my character's title according to my own legacy canon.

I do recognise now however that this idea would also bring a lot of problems. The policing would require a lot of work and effort, which is why a pack full of titles might be a better idea than a customizable title token.

I do recognise now however that this idea would also bring a lot of problems. The policing would require a lot of work and effort, which is why a pack full of titles might be a better idea than a customizable title token.

A good compromise, all things considered. Maybe title packs regarding specific factions? Like a Sith title pack with things like "Sith'Ari, Dark Lord,ETC." or a Mandalorian pack with things like "Supercommando, the Mandalorian, ETC."?

A good compromise, all things considered. Maybe title packs regarding specific factions? Like a Sith title pack with things like "Sith'Ari, Dark Lord,ETC." or a Mandalorian pack with things like "Supercommando, the Mandalorian, ETC."?

Frankly I'd love that, theme-specific packs with titles. A nobility pack, a Sith pack, a Jedi pack and so on and so on. That would be amazing and frankly, I have the feeling making new titles should actually be really easy :p I am surprised we don't have theme-specific title packs already!