Issues with keeping Bitraider gone

Arictheana

So yesterday, I deleted Bitraider, all the folders/files, removed the assets and movies etc. Redownloaded the whole game then closed it, popped it up again. No 'ST' in the corner or anything. Launched the game, logged in, worked fine, closed the game.

Today, I click on the launcher and the 'ST' is back and verifying files. Now what do I do? I shouldn't have to redownload the whole thing again since it wasn't with the streaming launcher to begin with.

Did you edit the file "launcher.settings" in your game folder?

Two lines need to be changed to look like this:

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_disable": true

It's possible that only the second one needs to be changed, but better safe than sorry, I suppose.

So yesterday, I deleted Bitraider, all the folders/files, removed the assets and movies etc. Redownloaded the whole game then closed it, popped it up again. No 'ST' in the corner or anything. Launched the game, logged in, worked fine, closed the game.

Today, I click on the launcher and the 'ST' is back and verifying files. Now what do I do? I shouldn't have to redownload the whole thing again since it wasn't with the streaming launcher to begin with.

Removing the files is not essential at all, it just frees up disk space and is a kind of cleaning up action after removing bitraider funcionality elsewhere. What yopu did was just deleting bitraider format fiels and downkload them again at next start hehe.

Removing of Bitrraider funtionality happens and needs to be done in the settings file as described above by a former poster.

Also, terminate all running Bitraider correlated exe files via taskmanger or command line before deleting the files. To really clean up after editing the settings file use the deinstall in "Program and features" in the control panel. I think there are two entries correlated to Bitraider that need to be deinstalled. A next step, but not needed, would be to remove leftover registry entries from Bitraider.

And then at next start the download of the non-bitraider format files begins. Like 35 gb or something.

Edited by Khaleg