Unable to complete Taris Bonus series- Pub side

Shayddow

I haven't had problems completing this with other characters, but for some reason I cannot complete it with a token char. I tried resetting the mission but this does not do anything. I get to Mola Haxtor at the Forward Research Camp and she will not have a conversation even though this char is the one I should talk to based on the green triangle on the map and the instructions for the mission. "Complete Missing link for Mola Haxtor". The mission itself is "greyed out" under the Mission bonus series.

I know how you feel, having the exact same experience with the Hoth bonus series and the 'Savage Attacks' mission.

I was helpfully informed that I may have completed this mission out of sequence and because I did so will not be able to progress the series quest chain. This information was provided by a fellow player NOT from support who just sent a generic reply.

SWTOR support have been characteristically unhelpful. In other MMOs I have played when similar problems have been encountered support have reset the necessary quest/chain for me.

Goodluck, post if you get some resolution! I wager we aren't alone in this.

Edited by Farstrider

I haven't had problems completing this with other characters, but for some reason I cannot complete it with a token char. I tried resetting the mission but this does not do anything. I get to Mola Haxtor at the Forward Research Camp and she will not have a conversation even though this char is the one I should talk to based on the green triangle on the map and the instructions for the mission. "Complete Missing link for Mola Haxtor". The mission itself is "greyed out" under the Mission bonus series.

The usual reason for this is that you took the Bonus Series "master" mission (the one that says "Complete X for Y") after having already completed at least one of the "component" missions (X for Y). The master mission doesn't recognise that you've already completed the component mission, and the NPC won't give it to you again.

I'm not sure how that interacts with the fact that it's a token character, of course. It may be that the "missing" component mission is erroneously locked out by starting KotFE or something silly like that.

If you had conducted a search before creating this thread, you would've found there is a thread with a wealth of information on this bug. The community wants to keep everyone's Bonus Series Bug experience in a single thread. Please share your experience with this there. If enough people post, this bug might actually finally get fixed.