Tulak Hord's Lightsaber

Pullarn

I hope this is the right thread to post this in!

I have two questions about the Tulak Hord's Lightsaber (THL), worth 5,400 Cartel Coins, in the Cartel Market:

First, as my main is a Jedi Sentinel; is it possible to only buy one THL and then be able to get a second one through the one I bought or do I have to buy two to be able to use two at the same time? If that makes any sense x)

Second, if I'd buy the lightsaber it would obviously be because it's really good looking. That includes the orange/yellow-electric saber-color. So my question is: if you put a color-crystal into the lightsaber, will it change color if you supposedly put a blue crystal in?

Thanks a lot in advance!

/Pullarn

I hope this is the right thread to post this in!

I have two questions about the Tulak Hord's Lightsaber (THL), worth 5,400 Cartel Coins, in the Cartel Market:

First, as my main is a Jedi Sentinel; is it possible to only buy one THL and then be able to get a second one through the one I bought or do I have to buy two to be able to use two at the same time? If that makes any sense x)

Second, if I'd buy the lightsaber it would obviously be because it's really good looking. That includes the orange/yellow-electric saber-color. So my question is: if you put a color-crystal into the lightsaber, will it change color if you supposedly put a blue crystal in?

Thanks a lot in advance!

/Pullarn

First part: yes:

* Equip it on the mainhand.

* Open the Collections interface with Ctrl+C. Type "Tulak Hord" in the search box and then click on the small box button to claim a free copy. If you want to be able to claim copies like this on other characters, click the *other* small button, the one that looks like a cartel coin symbol with an up-arrow beside it. You'll get a popup that asks you to pay 400 (I think) cartel coins to unlock it for all characters on your account. Click CONFIRM.

Second part: yes, the blade changes colour to reflect the crystal that you put in it (that's true of all lightsabres). If you want it to be yellow, put a yellow crystal in it.

EDIT: I prepared a screen-shot for you of the Collections interface.

https://i.imgur.com/qSauDx0.jpg

The blue arrow shows where you type a word to search for things.

The red arrow shows the button to claim a copy of the item. This character can't claim it, so the button is dimmed out.

The green arrow shows where the button to pay to "unlock" for your whole account would be, except that I haven't unlocked it on any character, so it's replaced by the button to see the item in the Cartel Market. If you look at the Tulak Hord's armour set to the left, you'll see the "unlock for all" button (CC symbol with up-arrow).

Edited by SteveTheCynic

First part: yes:

* Equip it on the mainhand.

* Open the Collections interface with Ctrl+C. Type "Tulak Hord" in the search box and then click on the small box button to claim a free copy. If you want to be able to claim copies like this on other characters, click the *other* small button, the one that looks like a cartel coin symbol with an up-arrow beside it. You'll get a popup that asks you to pay 400 (I think) cartel coins to unlock it for all characters on your account. Click CONFIRM.

Second part: yes, the blade changes colour to reflect the crystal that you put in it (that's true of all lightsabres). If you want it to be yellow, put a yellow crystal in it.

EDIT: I prepared a screen-shot for you of the Collections interface.

https://i.imgur.com/qSauDx0.jpg

The blue arrow shows where you type a word to search for things.

The red arrow shows the button to claim a copy of the item. This character can't claim it, so the button is dimmed out.

The green arrow shows where the button to pay to "unlock" for your whole account would be, except that I haven't unlocked it on any character, so it's replaced by the button to see the item in the Cartel Market. If you look at the Tulak Hord's armour set to the left, you'll see the "unlock for all" button (CC symbol with up-arrow).

Wow! Thank you so much for this detailed answer!

You wouldn't happen to know what crystal will look like the electric-orange glow THL has do you? :D

Wow! Thank you so much for this detailed answer!

You wouldn't happen to know what crystal will look like the electric-orange glow THL has do you? :D

Not off the top of my head (I'm not anywhere near my gaming PC at the moment), but if you open the Color Crystals part of the Collections interface, you can preview the crystals there to see what they look like. It's important to bear in mind that colour crystals only affect the *colour*, and not the shape of any lightning / Kylo Ren effects that the blade has. (Yes, there are some sabres with (a) the cracky/flickery effects and/or (b) cross-blades.)

Shortlist: look for ones with orange or yellow in the name, or perhaps the Hazel one might work, but there are many that have non-descriptive names (apart from being blue, what exact colour does "Farmhand Blue" mean anyway?)(1), so look at the individual panels in the Collections pages and see if they look feasible, then preview them.

(1) It's a very close match to the colour of the lightsabre used by a certain rebellious youth with a T-16.

Not off the top of my head (I'm not anywhere near my gaming PC at the moment), but if you open the Color Crystals part of the Collections interface, you can preview the crystals there to see what they look like. It's important to bear in mind that colour crystals only affect the *colour*, and not the shape of any lightning / Kylo Ren effects that the blade has. (Yes, there are some sabres with (a) the cracky/flickery effects and/or (b) cross-blades.)

Shortlist: look for ones with orange or yellow in the name, or perhaps the Hazel one might work, but there are many that have non-descriptive names (apart from being blue, what exact colour does "Farmhand Blue" mean anyway?)(1), so look at the individual panels in the Collections pages and see if they look feasible, then preview them.

(1) It's a very close match to the colour of the lightsabre used by a certain rebellious youth with a T-16.

Aye, that's exactly what I've been doing, but let me get this clear. You mean that even if I install a color crystal into the weapons, the sparkly/electric touch will still be present??