lfg tool i found one

hardicon

just thought i would help people out that have been looking for a lfg tool. I found one in game that works quite well.

the tool is this

press enter, then /1 lfg for (insert quest or flashpoint) or

press enter, then /g lfg for (insert quest or flashpoint)

it is a great lfg tool that worked for me 3 times last night very quickly. i had a group within 2 minutes each time, faster than wow cross server lfd feature most of the time.

try it you just might like it.

But then I'd actually have to make the effort to talk to other people and I don't want to do that. I just want to hit a button, AFK for 20 minutes and be magically assigned a group with a bunch of strangers that I won't talk to while we do a 30 minute dungeon run.

QFE.

This truly is the way forward ;)

Driz

That's what I've been doing, but I've also skipped a lot of quests where I couldn't find people in the first 5 minutes because it's a lot more annoying standing around typing than it is to check a list to see if others similarly want to do the same quest as me, and if not adding my name to the list while I do other things until enough people seem interested.

I would go a step further and have group mission dialogs offer to add you to a list (and bring the list up) if you're not already grouped when accepting it. I'm willing to guarantee the number of groups completing the quests would go up.

Edited by Dymensia

just thought i would help people out that have been looking for a lfg tool. I found one in game that works quite well.

the tool is this

it is a great lfg tool that worked for me 3 times last night very quickly. i had a group within 2 minutes each time, faster than wow cross server lfd feature most of the time.

Your first option doesn't work if you are on a different plante from people looking to run the instance. Second option is what I've been using, but not great for meeting new people.

the tool is this

Mind providing a Macro for that please? xDD

It always asks me to "insert more coins" if i do that *G*

You know talking to people is nice, but hollering LFG is not. There is no social aspect to the game at all .

You don't know if the person next to you is even talking to you, I disabled general cause it was getting annoying trying to find my group or guilds chat in the mess of general. I know chat bubbles litter the landscape but they also lead to people joining in conversations. And by the time you try and talk to someone in even a /say situation they are long gone and unless you got their character name it is just too bad.

Like some one else said standing around typing ( not having conversations ) Lfg is not talking to people. The only reason to talk to people now is to group.

There should be some mechanism that to bring people together in one spot, like the Catina but they are all dead and sorta weird feeling like the small rooms with one holo dancer and a slimy guy watching.

Beating a dead house here but I have never seen so many chairs in a game that you can't sit in.

And I really hate that you go alone doing your quests just fine alone and then all of a sudden something comes up and you need help and who to help, just some random stranger that you only need to help you. And trying a different tact to get it done yourself ends up in a 10 minute wait on reviving.

There should be a looking for friends tool of some sort. I like the game as a single player game but the social points is crap, just set in as another leveling thing you have to do. Some people like to just level so they just figure that in with the game but I bet you when they fill that all up and all the other stuff alot will just leave the game. I didn't want to play a game just to beat it. At least not a MMO.