Armstech vs Cybertech (as Gunslinger)

Cruces

At this moment I am level 24.

My crafting: 0

Scavaging: 152

Splicing: 156

I picked up Armstech but haven't done anything with it yet.

Wanted to know if it would be better for a Gunslinger to go with Armstech, or would Cybertech be better.

Not sure if the higher end guns is better or if the misc stuff you get from Cybertech is better.

Also, is there money to be made with either.

Before drilling down into a "craft", I wanted to ask the community their opinion.

I'd rather not make a decision and regret it later.

Thanks!

I would think you would get the best bang for you buck on Cybertech with all the armor mods and mods that you can make. Plus you get the earpiece that is nice.

If you take the zone commendations for rewards while you are leveling you can buy decent gear before you leave the zone. Those mods will make that gear go much further.

Went Armstech for my GS. The only thing I really use from it is the barrell upgrades. All the guns I use are Orange modables from class quests and instances. I do also get a good artifact weap for Corso out of it.

I would have to say, go for Cyber. Been thinking about changing.

Avoid both. Go biochem.

The only reason to go armstech is if you want epic level barrels every 2 levels, which will cost quite a lot of time and money (probably more than leveling itself). You can get all the blue ones from questing and handing in the badges. Heres the list of barrels that can be bought after completing 4-7 quests for the appropriate planets.

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/2/hascost/eq/1/and/quality/4

Avoid both. Go biochem.

The only reason to go armstech is if you want epic level barrels every 2 levels, which will cost quite a lot of time and money (probably more than leveling itself). You can get all the blue ones from questing and handing in the badges. Heres the list of barrels that can be bought after completing 4-7 quests for the appropriate planets.

Exactly what I did and am doing.

Avoid both. Go biochem.

The more useful "skill barrels" are always to couple of levels lower than the "patron barrels" from each vendor. But if you go armstech then you're buying armour/mod/enhancements upgrades, whereas if you go cybertech you're "only" buying barrels and enhancments.

Ultimately I agree with biochem, purple med kits (and companion healing medkits) are very handy (I have biochem on my shadow)

Edited by GordonJ

It is taking me forver to grind Cybertech. I have two of my three companions always making stuff but man the points take forever to build up and I rarely get a new schematic from reverse engineering. Odd, but that's just prolly means I suck at it! lol

If anyone has any tips on making the grind go faster, please let me know.