Arena "Sudden Death" Timer

-Wes-

I am not sure if this is on all arenas or just Rishi Cove, but had a zone last night that hit the timer cap on the first and third round. In both rounds, the timer expiration caused the typical zone audio to play ("Time's up this round, and we have a tie! No ties!"), as well as the green fog to shuffle us to the center. However, as soon as it hit the center, it just disappeared and there was no damage. We just kept fighting until the other team beat us down (which didn't take long, since we were 2v3 at that point both times).

I have not had any other rounds go the full time since 5.9.2, so I am not sure if this was specific to Rishi Cove or not. However, I have had the timer expire in that zone before the latest patch, and the fog killed everyone as intended.

This is intended, they changed the way acid works with the most recent patch. You can look in the 5.9.2 patch notes:

The Acid that spawns during the sudden death phase of Arena matches has had its functionality changed:

Characters will take 1% of their max health in damage every second and reduces all healing done/received by 2% per stack.

Characters affected by acid will begin with one stack and gain one stack per second.

Acid will still inhibit stealth.