Please Increase Stronghold Cap or Remove it Altogether

Sorrai

I tried to purchase the new Rishi stronghold today on Fleet and received this message:

You have the maximum allowed number of active strongholds. You must deactivate a stronghold to activate this one.

This confirmed something many of us in the Stronghold community were very concerned about. I currently have 22 active strongholds on Satele Shan and about 20 on Star Forge that got consolidated after the servers merged. Since these were grandfathered they obviously exceed the current maximum cap of 10. Please increase this cap or give players the option to purchase more stronghold slots through the CM. It has been months since the merge which proves the game can handle players with multiple copies of strongholds.

This is not a small issue for me nor is it an isolated one. Some of us really love to decorate and design. Many of us use strongholds for RP and desire multiple strongholds to create a VARIETY of scenes to help facilitate the stories we wish to tell.

Over the last several years I have invested hundreds of millions of credits and countless hours of meticulous work arranging decos and creating detailed layouts. I have put in an incredible amount of time, effort and resources into this. The new Rishi stronghold received a huge amount of important feedback from passionate stronghold enthusiasts like me, many of whom are now experiencing the same dilemma I am, and now have no way of acquiring the new stronghold without deleting all the extra strongholds we gained from the server merge. This simply is not fair to those of us who have invested so much in this.

The server merge has proven that the game can support a stronghold cap substantially higher than its current limit 10. This has been known to those of us who have been reaping the benefits of having our strongholds grandfathered in from that merge. Asking for additional stronghold slots that allow players to go above the current cap is absolutely reasonable and absolutely doable.

Some of you seem to have difficulty understanding why others would want multiple copies of the same stronghold. Personally, what I ultimately want is the ability to create, save and load MULTIPLE design layouts for each stronghold. I wouldn't need to have 4 or 5 copies of Coruscant if I could create a variety of layouts that could be stored and loaded from just one. Since the game does not give us that feature the only other alternative is to have duplicate strongholds, and the only way to get those was to take advantage of the grandfather clause before the servers merged.

Strongholds are one of the few creative outlets in the game aside from Outfit Designer. When you think about the hundreds of decos now available is it really that difficult to understand why some of us want to have as many "blank canvases" as possible?! On Satele Shan I have a great Jedi-themed academy that I put a lot of work into but what if I would also like to create a Repulic office, or a stylish apartment, or a hospital, or research facility, or gambling den? Do you get it now?