The evil drop rate conspiracy

JecVanguard

Clearly, we all want to have nice things and in SWTOR that means 248. Since many believe that the drop rate at 400 is abysmal why not add another 100 ranks so that Tier 4 gets a progressively higher rate, of 248, which plateaus at 500.

Customer will have more ranks and will see their 248 parts arrive after a reasonable and determined effort. Otherwise it's just random and everyone hates randomness...

Clearly, we all want to have nice things and in SWTOR that means 248. Since many believe that the drop rate at 400 is abysmal why not add another 100 ranks so that Tier 4 gets a progressively higher rate, of 248, which plateaus at 500.

Customer will have more ranks and will see their 248 parts arrive after a reasonable and determined effort. Otherwise it's just random and everyone hates randomness...

Command Crate drops are (they say) not supposed to be the primary source of 248 gear. For that, you need UCs that let you upgrade your 242s, OR you need Ops Boss tokens from Master (Nightmare) ops.

UCs come from disintegrating command crate gear AND from PvP activities.

And if you aren't doing all that content (high-end Ops, WarZones, ...), you don't need 248s.

Just like Steve said, you are not meant to gear up just with the Galactic Command system, there are many other ways which were introduced after the rage of the people over the system. Just by running HM operations you can get a lot of CXP, 242 gear tokens and also UCs from disintegration. Then you can do PVP (especially group ranked) for UCs and convert the 242s into 248.

Steve and merovejec both bring up valid points.

I would add that it's also a matter of the luck of the draw, what some people call the wrath of the RNG gods.

I gear up with command crates almost exclusively, and I've gotten several to 248 that way. I might be missing a piece here and there, but to their points, I don't play hard core end game, and I'm not feeling the lack.

All that is correct, but operations are boring once I completed them a couple of time. I prefer my system.

Some of us cant play that often due to life commitments.

Then you don't need 248s. If you aren't doing ops and you aren't doing PvP, you don't need 248s, so command crate drops work just fine. Disintegrate the duplicates and the 244s and 246s and you'll get enough UCs (over time) to just plain buy any 236s you need, to upgrade 236s to 242s, and to upgrade 242s to 248s.

There is no "drop rate conspiracy", and the drop rate is not evil.