The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Reduce the price

Decxswx

5400cc for a lightsaber? i know it looks cool, but not everyone can get free cc from referrals or paying people to use theirs. If people feel like they are not getting enough value for their money they will abstain from purchasing and those vanity items locked away might detract people from playing the game knowing that all the best looking stuff is locked behind a HUGE paywall or grindwall.

• 2 weeks later...
Its a cosmetic item nothing more, don't think its worth it don't buy it. Personally I don't want it never will, but if there was a item at that price I did want, then yes probably would buy. Items like this are considered luxury items. Same is in real life. You pay more for desirable items. Need and want are not the same thing.

Its a cosmetic item nothing more, don't think its worth it don't buy it. Personally I don't want it never will, but if there was a item at that price I did want, then yes probably would buy. Items like this are considered luxury items. Same is in real life. You pay more for desirable items. Need and want are not the same thing.

This.

And let's be honest, it's the "whales" that do buy the CCs to purchase these items that help this game along, 5500cc is $40...nearly three months of subbing.

Also have you checked GTN pricing of said lightsaber. Sure it might be 150 million credits, but all that takes is time to acquire.

5400cc for a lightsaber? i know it looks cool, but not everyone can get free cc from referrals or paying people to use theirs. If people feel like they are not getting enough value for their money they will abstain from purchasing and those vanity items locked away might detract people from playing the game knowing that all the best looking stuff is locked behind a HUGE paywall or grindwall.

Um, no. Bit laughable to suggest people will stay away just because the game's fluff is expensive. A subscription provides full functionally needed to play the game. Buy items on the cartel market if you want, but recognize that it's all fluff. Doesn't take new players long to figure that out.

The CM provides nothing that you cannot functionally accomplish using in-game acquired content.