The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

NPCs with programmable patrol points

Since we've got lil Speedy on the beach of the new Rishi Stronghold, it got me thinking of the old R2 droids from SWG where we can set patrol points and have them auto loop their route. This would introduce a lil more immersion and liveliness in our strongholds considering our companions are static and some personnel are animated.

I would enjoy this. If it's too technically difficult, I would be happy with decorations that run a pre-set patrol path, just much bigger than the little back-and-forth that some Personnel do now.

It would be easiest to use if they patrolled along a multi-point line rather than a polygon. That would make it simpler to place them avoiding collisions.

Some ideas for Personnel moving over an area the size of a Large hook:

* A pair of NPCs dueling with lightsabers, staves, or pikes.

* A drink-serving droid that moves in a triangle pattern (so we can place people or tables at the corners).

* A technician that walks between a work table with tools and a machine (or droid) being repaired.

* A pair of medics treating someone lying on a medical table.

* A group of people dancing together.

* Someone cooking (roast gorak) at a stove behind a cafe counter.

* A group of Force-sensitive children training with a remote.

Edited by Xina_LA

I would enjoy this. If it's too technically difficult, I would be happy with decorations that run a pre-set patrol path, just much bigger than the little back-and-forth that some Personnel do now.

It would be easiest to use if they patrolled along a multi-point line rather than a polygon. That would make it simpler to place them avoiding collisions.

Some ideas for Personnel moving over an area the size of a Large hook:

* A pair of NPCs dueling with lightsabers, staves, or pikes.

* A drink-serving droid that moves in a triangle pattern (so we can place people or tables at the corners).

* A technician that walks between a work table with tools and a machine (or droid) being repaired.

* A pair of medics treating someone lying on a medical table.

* A group of people dancing together.

* Someone cooking (roast gorak) at a stove behind a cafe counter.

* A group of Force-sensitive children training with a remote.

I love those ideas!!

I nominate you as the Stronghold Senator :)

They should add the Masters of Force Shui to unlock x,y,and z axis. Make it like a datacron hunt lol

We can also do the Galactic Home Show.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

We can also do the Galactic Home Show.

OMG -- I need some free time so I can tour other people's strongholds and make a video like "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". What should we call the show? Galactic Home Show isn't bad or should it be really over the top? Maybe each episode should be 70% somebody's awesome stronghold, with 20% being a "half time" show touring somebody's decorating disaster and 10% on "tips and tricks"?

What we need now is a wandering "Edna Mode" style NPC...

Edited by Xina_LA