reverse engineering

ibervang

OMG, how many time do i have to do this ****, to get a new recipe. Im up to having done this 10 times now, on a blue recipe, and i still havent gotten a new one. This is getting ridicules. It is not like all the things are easy to get.... and why cant you find tattoine gems, on tattoine

RE'ing feels random, but it isn't really. Might take me 1 or 5 times on a Green to go Blue. Might take me 10-30 times on a Blue to go Purple. Obviously the chance of success differs by the level you're trying to RE. It might also be tied to skill level vs. the level of the item you're tryign to learn. For instance, at 250 artifice, you might be able to RE form green to blue to purple on a lvl 100 item pretty easily. But on that new recipe you JUST learned, that cons orange to you, going from green to blue to purple should likely take you many more tries.

I think purple recipes are nice, but you are right it takes forever to get them. Unless you are power leveling your crafting well above your current level, it is really not worthwhile to try and farm for purple recipes. You will out-level them soon and believe me that is much more upsetting when you set foot on the next planet and your first quest reward is a green item that immediately replaces your long awaited purple. I am power leveling my crafting when I can so that when I hit the minimum usage level I can get the most out of the gear. I hope this saves you some sanity. Leveling professions is a great thing to do when you have to clean the house or can't be at your comp constantly.

I've had 5 companions working on a blue belt I've reverse-engineered 47 times over the span of 6 hours without receiving the purple variety. It's a very, very low probability with max level purples.

I wish it was a progress bar instead of random. Craft this item X times and you get the upgrade. We'd at least know when to expect the item!

Edited by Thalassicus

OMG, how many time do i have to do this ****, to get a new recipe. Im up to having done this 10 times now, on a blue recipe, and i still havent gotten a new one. This is getting ridicules. It is not like all the things are easy to get.... and why cant you find tattoine gems, on tattoine

Om my God, 10 whole tries?

Random's random, bud. Sometime it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't.

Getting close to 200 green armoring level 22's I've RE'd and gotten no schematics.

Has anyone done this successfully? I'm curious as to whether I'm unlucky or it's a mechanic that's not yet in the game. 0.5% chance for a blue recipe seems a bit small for random chance settings.