Darth Malgus Conquest, guild size, SMW etc

EmHun

To start with,I love the positive things that Stroke my Wookie is doing for the server community, with public events for fun achievements. I also really like most of the people I've met from the guild (very few exceptions), and usually enjoy playing with anyone from there.

With that said, I'm starting to think that the protest that SMW is doing in Conquest is hurting the community, that it's demotivating people from playing on Darth Malgus and of course that the BW won't listen to this kind of demonstration.

In other words, SMW, please stop taking over two planets every single week (at least most weeks) and limit it to one planet! Or at least come with a good argument to why this might be good in any way, for the Darth Malgus community, for the future of SWTOR or for anything/anyone else! While I support your cause, I no longer support the way you're going about it.

Forgot saying: for the planet SMW isn't on, it seems like guesswork fir the rest of us to wait and see what SMW picks - some even waiting for what the two SMW guilds will pick (and who knows if the SMW rep guild wakes up at some point) before deciding where to go for Conq.

To Ula Vii and others from SMW: Did you actually make any progress regarding guild size? Or are you trying to make it a one guild server without any competition at all? You've already accomplished something, and seem to have a great guild community, but do you really think it's best if everyone who wants to do conquest joins SMW?

PS. I'm aware of some other guilds growing and almost challenging here and there,and I've been doing conquest for a few years now

SMW's picks are Alpha guild on rotation for achievements, Beta guild large yield. Republic guild goes small yield and we can't even make the target there. :confused:

I do like the current system, it allows me to get guaranteed large yield rewards with any chars I have in beta.

To Ula Vii and others from SMW: Did you actually make any progress regarding guild size?

How do you mean? The 2 guilds allows us to have 1000 more characters which helps, but we can't have real progress without BioWare raising the cap.

Also this is what Ula had to say when we started using the beta guild:

It is impractical to continue daily guild cleaning and due to the producer's deafening silence I have been forced to put the backup plan into action so effective immediately we are activating all three of our guilds

We have reactivated our original guild that was merged over from ToFN so we now have two Imperial SMW guilds. If you want all your characters under one roof then the Beta guild is the place for you. This is not a dead alt guild but a second active Imperial home. Conquest wise, this one will target Large Yield planets with the aim to cross the yield line but not to take 1st place.

We are one of the most popular SWTOR guilds in the world and we fill over 30 spots every day. I want everybody to be able to have all their characters in one guild. I beg you. Please help. I am not asking a lot of you, just post #uniteourcharacters in this thread anytime you see it slip off the first page:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=935231

Do not give up. Help me to help you by showing Musco, Keith and Charles that this affects all of us.

Edited by TheRandomno

Is there another reason besides the achievement why someone would want to win a planet nowadays?

Can't you not get one char to SMW, get your 15k, secure the achievement and make it to the threshold with your normal guild? I thought that this is how everyone is doing it these days. ;)

If SMW would conquer one planet with both guilds, it could create chaos and anger, because both guilds get their points by just playing the game, but only one guild is aiming for the achievement. Should the players in the beta guild stop playing at some point, just so they wouldn't have more points than the alpha guild? That doesn't sound too good to me.

You are absolutely right. To solve this problem, BW need to reduce (rather than increase) the size of the guild, for example up to 200 chars. Otherwise small guilds are blurring and large, as a sponge, absorb players. BW must put the guilds on equal terms.

I do not take part in conquest anymore, but its true that I do see SMW and the other SMW on the boards with Wardens too. Those guilds are great and they do great things for the community, but I do not know if dominating like this is healthy for the conquest on DM.

Sure, you can say join SMW for the achievements, but they don't have spots anymore! They were constantly at the limit so it was impossible to get in. People mostly do conquest for the achievements, but in the Large Yield you do get mats and stuff from it too. Maybe it was not such a good idea to increase the member cap. There are big guilds, but not something as SMW.

As I said, they have great organization, events, raiding simply everything a guild should have, but they also should leave room for the others to have their take on the planets.

You are absolutely right. To solve this problem, BW need to reduce (rather than increase) the size of the guild, for example up to 200 chars. Otherwise small guilds are blurring and large, as a sponge, absorb players. BW must put the guilds on equal terms.

I'll see you in SMW's Omega guild.