Synthweaving gear slots, adding mods

TheBMC

Item Modifications

Augment: Open

I've looked around countless vendors and asked in /1 in game to no avail, just where exactly do I get these? I've got two or three "Armoring: Item Modifications" parts and none of them, not one will apply to any of the gear I've made with free slots.

Can someone please properly explain this system.

Augments can be found by doing slicing missions. They are very random and give a boost to 1 stat. You can find a couple on the trader usually but 99.99% of the slicing missions people do are for cash lock boxes so you won't see many for sale. Plus since the augment slot only appears on crafted items when a crit happens, you'll see few items with augment slots around.

As the other reply mentioned, you need an Augment item to fit into the bonus gear slot on the Exceptional (aka crafting crit) gear pieces. You buy these on the player Market from Slicing characters who are selling them.

Augments can be found by doing slicing missions. They are very random and give a boost to 1 stat. You can find a couple on the trader usually but 99.99% of the slicing missions people do are for cash lock boxes so you won't see many for sale. Plus since the augment slot only appears on crafted items when a crit happens, you'll see few items with augment slots around.

As the other reply mentioned, you need an Augment item to fit into the bonus gear slot on the Exceptional (aka crafting crit) gear pieces. You buy these on the player Market from Slicing characters who are selling them.

Thanks for the information.

My impression was that there was NO market whatsoever for Augmentations. If there is I will start running missions for them again.

I don't want to give you a false impression Feedori, if the only place to buy these is from player listings I probably wont as player listings tend to be highly overpriced.

I am surprised that you can buy basic versions of all the other upgrades from vendors and find them as drops where these exclusively rely on a crew skill though.

Markets will start to open up as crafters improve their critical chances and produce more gear with augment slots. I'm level 20, and have only made 2 exceptional items so far.

I feel the crit success chance is entirely too random, I'm level 16 on my Guardian SynthW, around 90 crew skill level and in order to get a blue schematic I need to create on average 5-7 greens, in amongst those there tends to be one exceptional, that said with the blues I have ground out a few for the purple schematic (more success prior to the last patch) but some just happen to be a first time exceptional.

Again, with that said I've produced and broken down about 30-40 pairs of one specific green bracer with no schematic to show for it to date.

Edited by TheBMC

Hah, I've crafted all of my gear for every slot, and obtained a perfect purple recipe for every piece all the way up to 33. So far I've seen no augment slots for purples, and only used about 4 items with an open augment slot. The entire time, augments are a stupid idea with how rare crafting crits are, and how they arent used in artifact gear at all.

I'm pretty sure artifact gear can critically craft and get the augment slot. Everyone should also keep in mind that certain companions will have a boosted chance to critically craft, and thus they will be the ones you select when crafting. End game I believe the chances will be much much higher than what you experience at low level.

One thing to note, Synthweavers can craft a set of Rakata gear that is Bind on Pickup and equivalent to the highest end game drops. Top of the line, and I assume better because it can be critically crafted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.