Vaylin - CM Companion

I've seen a few times the idea of just putting her on the console, along with several other characters. I kind of think that this would be a better method in one way: it would be free. I also think it would be worse in another: they wouldn't get money for it. I want the game to continue to be successful, after all, regardless of my current criticisms of it. I'd also kind of like to be able to have her around early, because I'd like to be able to make my own stories with her around.

I think the CM is more reasonable for Vaylin specifically because she'd still need more work. She needs a Healing and Tanking build created, and ideally some lines of dialogue added from her already recorded voice work. I only keep harping on the voice being there because it's so close to done, unlike with the droids and animals, and unlike with most other companions. Like, I'd like Watcher 2 as a companion at this point, but most of her lines don't work with her as a companion, so she'd probably need to be mostly silent, while Marr is already done as a full companion, so doesn't really need any work at all. I'm happy to pay a bit to have Vaylin finished up, while I would expact Marr and Acina to just get put on the console.

Hopefully that makes sense.

I think we all want the game to succeed, but yeah, out of all the options I would prefer to earn these characters through doing stuff in the game (Flashpoints, Chapters, PvP, Operations etc.)

That's pretty much what I'm doing now with my own characters in regards to the story :)

Darth Marr and Acina don't do anything special when they're set to tanking or healing, or atleast not that I've noticed. So, I don't know? Copy Darth Marr's stats for Vaylin?

Vaylin does have some great one liners that could be great to hear her yell out. :)

"WWWWWHHHHYYYYY?????!!!!!!!"

"No one dies without my permission."

"Oh? Not dead yet?"

I don't recall the Agent's story of the top of my head, so I can't recall what Watcher II's lines were. Though a mute companion is good enough for me :)

I'm not really bothered at this point. I'd pay for some customization slots :p Maybe with that weird double hood-hood down/gone ... and while we're at it I would pay for some new skins or Lana, Theron etc :)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Well this is interesting. So if we can resurrect Vaylin what's to say we can\t resurrect anyone. Give me Revan and Darth Marr too. And don't forget about Thexan, then I can have the whole Valkorian family running around with me. I know Vaylin has her fan base, but this isn't the Walking Dead it's Star Wars.

Well this is interesting. So if we can resurrect Vaylin what's to say we can\t resurrect anyone. Give me Revan and Darth Marr too. And don't forget about Thexan, then I can have the whole Valkorian family running around with me. I know Vaylin has her fan base, but this isn't the Walking Dead it's Star Wars.

Or Theron or SCORPIO, which we can already do (Theron I'm not actually sure on, but I've seen people say he's on the console). SCORPIO, much like Vaylin, there's no way to still have around: she's either a planet, or dead. Or Vitiate, who just kept coming back. Or Vette/Torian. It's already there, it's just a matter of who we want. Personally, I'd like Vaylin because of how disgusting the story was, along with a few others.

And, no, a story where we are forced to kill a mentally ill abuse survivor is not Star Wars, especially when we're forced to use the torture on her ourselves. Maybe if they'd handled it with any kind of care or sensitivity, even if she died at the end, they could still claim that distinction, but they lost it a long time ago with this story. It just has lightsabers in it.

Edited by gamephil

• 2 weeks later...
Or Theron or SCORPIO, which we can already do (Theron I'm not actually sure on, but I've seen people say he's on the console). SCORPIO, much like Vaylin, there's no way to still have around: she's either a planet, or dead. Or Vitiate, who just kept coming back. Or Vette/Torian. It's already there, it's just a matter of who we want. Personally, I'd like Vaylin because of how disgusting the story was, along with a few others.

And, no, a story where we are forced to kill a mentally ill abuse survivor is not Star Wars, especially when we're forced to use the torture on her ourselves. Maybe if they'd handled it with any kind of care or sensitivity, even if she died at the end, they could still claim that distinction, but they lost it a long time ago with this story. It just has lightsabers in it.

You can also claim both Quinn and Dorne despite what faction you pick on Iokath.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, I said that wrong, I meant didn't die because you don't pick their faction.

Story wise then yeah Dorna is defiantly alive if you choose to side with the Sith Empire. With Quinn it's the same unless you're a Sith warrior. He'll either come back to you or be killed off. However regardless of the story as I said you can claim both from the computer on Odessen. I wish they would do it for Vaylin, Acina, Marr and the other temporary or back-up companions.

I would rather if they had written the option back into the kotet plot, I dont know much about this sort of stuff but adding the dialogue options into already existing scenes shouldnt be all that hard, time consuming or expensive no?

Im not interested in companion skin personally.

I would rather if they had written the option back into the kotet plot, I dont know much about this sort of stuff but adding the dialogue options into already existing scenes shouldnt be all that hard, time consuming or expensive no?

So would we all, her story was just painful, but that seems unlikely enough that I'd take this and just play "let's pretend" she got a better story.

If they did decide to edit KOTET, I think they would annoy people who have already completed it. That said for KOTET they would have to change dialog in Chapters 8 & 9.

If they did decide to edit KOTET, I think they would annoy people who have already completed it. That said for KOTET they would have to change dialog in Chapters 8 & 9.

If they were to actually go so far as to re-write it, they could always give people the option of starting over from the edited chapters, and if they liked the way the story went they could just opt out. The editing would be more work than I expect to see, but since the option of replaying the chapters is already there, maybe it would be doable.

If they were to actually go so far as to re-write it, they could always give people the option of starting over from the edited chapters, and if they liked the way the story went they could just opt out. The editing would be more work than I expect to see, but since the option of replaying the chapters is already there, maybe it would be doable.

I'd rather look forward than back. If they were to go back then personally I would want it to be for more than just Vaylin.

On subject. What about an unlock instead of a CM purchase? Maybe for completing KOTFE/ET on all difficulties?

Edited by fishpeople

I'd rather look forward than back. If they were to go back then personally I would want it to be for more than just Vaylin.

I generally agree. I mean, there are a bunch of things in this game that could stand some revision, I just think she's the single worst thing. But I saw your previous post and the way my brain works once I had a way to deal with the problem I had to put it up.

Even if I thought it was the best course, no way it's going to happen. Whatever reason the story came out the way it did, if they could have done it better I think they would have, and I don't see them re-writing the past. The only possibility is the future.

On subject. What about an unlock instead of a CM purchase? Maybe for completing KOTFE/ET on all difficulties?

Personally, I'd prefer to just pay for her. I don't want to drag myself through the story again at a higher difficulty, I did my time on it already, and there's a lot of it I didn't enjoy. If she had a brief continuation of her story that explained her being alive, I could play through KotET for it, but if it's just companion with no story, I'd rather not. But I'm not alone on this, and I'm sure there are people that would like to not have to spend the money, so I'll support it if it comes up.

Edited by gamephil

I generally agree. I mean, there are a bunch of things in this game that could stand some revision, I just think she's the single worst thing. But I saw your previous post and the way my brain works once I had a way to deal with the problem I had to put it up.

Even if I thought it was the best course, no way it's going to happen. Whatever reason the story came out the way it did, if they could have done it better I think they would have, and I don't see them re-writing the past. The only possibility is the future.

Personally, I'd prefer to just pay for her. I don't want to drag myself through the story again at a higher difficulty, I did my time on it already, and there's a lot of it I didn't enjoy. If she had a brief continuation of her story that explained her being alive, I could play through KotET for it, but if it's just companion with no story, I'd rather not. But I'm not alone on this, and I'm sure there are people that would like to not have to spend the money, so I'll support it if it comes up.

Going from some of the cut content alone. They could have done better.

Just an idea. I like to earn items by playing the game. Though you're probably right, the endless waves of skytroopers on the harder difficulty is a new level of torment.

Going from some of the cut content alone. They could have done better.

Yeah.

Just an idea. I like to earn items by playing the game. Though you're probably right, the endless waves of skytroopers on the harder difficulty is a new level of torment.

It's a good idea. and I would do it at least once, I'd just like the option to skip it, and also to just buy Master Ranos rather than go through the DvL event. Hoping for the best, either way.

It's a good idea. and I would do it at least once, I'd just like the option to skip it, and also to just buy Master Ranos rather than go through the DvL event. Hoping for the best, either way.

Complete it once to unlock on all characters? Like they've done with Hexid?

I would think so, and have it be about that difficulty level or a bit harder rather than like the DvL event or having to replay the whole story.

I was thinking more along the lines of it being motivation for players to try out the harder levels. It might take some time but I would welcome the challenge.

I was thinking more along the lines of it being motivation for players to try out the harder levels. It might take some time but I would welcome the challenge.

I suppose. I just hope such a thing would either not be too hard, be permanent (unlike DvL), or have an alternative. I wouldn't mind too much going through KotET on Veteran or something as long as I wouldn't miss the chance, and as long as it was only once or once per optional companion.