Reverse Voidstar aka Escape the Room

Rion_Starkiller

It seems that the devs are putting some thought into PvP. As such, Voidstar is one of my favorite maps, so I would like to put forth this idea of a new map. What are some ideas to make a reverse version of Voidstar work?

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Players start in the Datacore. The first person to grab the datacore "gets the huttball."

2. The team with the datacore will need to plant bombs on the datacore-room doors to escape. If they don't get the out of the room before the 2 min timer, they fail and the datacore blows up and is reset. You may "pass" the datacore to both enemies and allies. The datacore can only be passed/captured 3 times before it blows up (aka hot potato).

3. If a team manages to plant the bombs, or channel forcefields, and escape the room, they will then need to plant bombs on the next set of doors, or channel forcefieds, in the next room.

4. Rinse repeat until they reach the final room (which is the starting room in the original voidstar). At any time and at any point, the other team can "capture" the datacore by killing the ball-carrier.

5. Remove the forcefield back to their team's shuttle/ship. Escape the Voidstar!

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I like that ! :D

This is like how I imagines the second Czerka FP to be in the first place ... Imagined, note that.

Too bad it turned out so much different than my personal imagination ...

But this idea aka 2escape the spce ship before / until it explodes" is something I'd really like to see ! :D

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Just trying to give the devs ideas on new maps instead of stuff like Alliance Proving Grounds, or recycling old maps ala Yavin Ruins. Reverse Voidstar would be a sort of recycle, but with quite a lot of differences.

Maybe we'll get another new pvp map in 6.0 too.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Have they started talking about changes to Voidstar? I haven't seen anything from BW on it, it seems like they are still focusing on Huttball. Did I miss something?

See here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9605776#edit9605776

They are reducing the time it takes to plant or disarm bombs, extend bridges/lower force fields, and nerfing the leap across the gap and plant the second bombs before the bridges thing.

See here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9605776#edit9605776

They are reducing the time it takes to plant or disarm bombs, extend bridges/lower force fields, and nerfing the leap across the gap and plant the second bombs before the bridges thing.

Ohh yeah! That's right, I'm a total moron. Thanks for reminding me with the link bro.

I'm all for less time trapped behind forcefields/shields, that drives me up the wall!

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

An interesting mix of Huttball and Voidstar, honestly.

My only revision would be since the Datacore room is extremely small and would really only work as a starting zone for the "running" team, you would need to have an additional room added to the destination room for the "airlock" or something similar that they have to blast through to get to the shuttle, that way it remains a three-door map.

The datacore room is essentially a free room by design.

An interesting mix of Huttball and Voidstar, honestly.

My only revision would be since the Datacore room is extremely small and would really only work as a starting zone for the "running" team, you would need to have an additional room added to the destination room for the "airlock" or something similar that they have to blast through to get to the shuttle, that way it remains a three-door map.

The datacore room is essentially a free room by design.

Good point. That datacore room is tiny and probably not set up for big pvp battles.

Someone on reddit mentioned a belsavis prison break, which sounds really fun. It would essentially be a reverse Voidstar as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.