Added Items to Collections from Another Character?

kinnerc

Hi Folks:

New player.

I have to characters on my subscribed account.

I recently got the TF-4 Rampage Speeder. On my 26th level Jedi character I went to the Republic Fleet to go learn the speeder skill and then pick up the speeder. I learned the skill with no problem, and then, from my inventory (where I had put the speeder when I got it via email) I put the speeder on my quick bar in the "=" slot.

It won't activate.

When I investigate something says something like "You have added this items to your collections from another character. You can pay C coins in order to get it usable by all your characters." That made little since sense I'd only been on the Jedi character since I got this speeder. But I went to my 6th Level Sith character to check it out. It says the same thing.

So, I'm confused. How do I activate this speeder?

You need to double click on the speeder icon in INVENTORY.

it will then open and a new icon it will automatically go to your quickbar, where you can move it where you want.

Clicking on that icon opens the speeder, clicking again dismounts.

When I investigate something says something like "You have added this items to your collections from another character. You can pay C coins in order to get it usable by all your characters." That made little since sense I'd only been on the Jedi character since I got this speeder. But I went to my 6th Level Sith character to check it out. It says the same thing.
Eionol gave you the answer to your Q. I'll address the above so you don't wonder about it in the future.

Collections:

Many items go into your "Collections". This includes Cartel Market items (whether bought on the CM itself or from someone on GTN). It also includes many of these subscriber gifts like this speeder.

For the gifts: one is mailed to each toon you have or make in the future. You don't have to pay the cartel coins to unlock them in the Collections. Just use the one mailed to you and they are automatically unlocked on that toon.

For the ones you do buy (CM or GTN), you almost always have the option of unlocking them on ALL your toons. That will cost cartel coins.

I'm sure there are better guides, but not finding one, I'll link one I put together:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=815176