Why are Rattataki treated like crap?

AdornedBlood

So i started a new IA, Mr.no.3, this time he's a Rattataki. What i've noticed- this race is treated like crap, no one ever acknowledges them whatsoever. For example:

- Kalyio says nothing about the dude flirting with her ( your IA) being the same species as her

- Even if you are ( by default) from the same planet as KD, she tells you about her home planet being crap as if you don't already know it

- Let's say you're from.. Tattooine, after all there is a Rattataki woman in BH story, the Lady of Pain. Why isn't Kalyio saying anything like "you have a different accent or skin tone" ?

- On Dromund Kaas, some a-hole says something like " the Rattataki must leave or stay outside". Umm.. which one?? Me? Her? Both? Are you drunk or high, buddy?

This sucks. I know,i know, the Rattataki are not exactly your dream guys & gals, but still they shouldn't be considered garbage, just sayin'.

Old old old old old news. Sorry. I've been mentioning this one for years, ever since I started a Rattataki agent back in the ancient times of the game.

But basically it's because in general Rattataki are evil sons of unwed mothers, and nobody much likes them.

Not even other Rattataki.

If I recal Rattataki weren't originally available to Imperial Agents so that probably explains the lack of awareness, there's some funny scenes sometimes with species within certain classes though. Like a Sith Pureblood Sith Inquisitor saying he should feel lucky about Revan's Infinite Army of genocidal droids not going after him as he "has no Sith blood", or a Cathar on Ord Mantell asking how a Cathar looks like.

Or a chiss smuggler telling an imperial officer that he is chiss. And the officer not believing him. Or that side quest on hoth where you have to find the chiss defector and the quest giver insults the race even though you are a chiss.

Or even more funny play a cathar trooper and talk to Aric who doesn't acknowledge that you are the same species as him.

Wasn't Rattataki a late add on to being able to play Agent? Like, right before it went live?

Yeah this should explain the lack of acknowledgement between two members of the same species, thanks for the info SithKoriandr, i didn't knew Ratts were not among the original species playable as an IA.

I find it interesting that it said they are chalk white but all the ones I have seen are grey in color. I wish we could put hair on their heads.

Males are light grey, but females are white(1). And no, we shouldn't be able to put hair on their heads. Canon sayeth that Rattataki are hairless.

(1) White enough that if your character wears the Basic Women's Underwear set dyed white/white with enough Covert Energy pieces, she will look naked from a distance.

Males are light grey, but females are white(1). And no, we shouldn't be able to put hair on their heads. Canon sayeth that Rattataki are hairless.

(1) White enough that if your character wears the Basic Women's Underwear set dyed white/white with enough Covert Energy pieces, she will look naked from a distance.

I prefer mine grey! With a sinister face that would make even Tulak Ford cringe! LOL

Might be my graphics but Kaylio seems to have a more grey color to her. But I don't usually pay attention to her that much but i will look again.

I rather not see companions naked well maybe theron but yeah I am not into seeing naked companions or characters.

Might be my graphics but Kaylio seems to have a more grey color to her. But I don't usually pay attention to her that much but i will look again.

I rather not see companions naked well maybe theron but yeah I am not into seeing naked companions or characters.

I actually like (almost) naked companions, what bothers me is the limited number of Risha ghosts in my SH! Why only two of them, one "mine" and one ghost? Why not a legion of them? :D

By the way, last evening i almost had a shock when i logged in and Coruscant SH was FULL of JC crew ghost naked members! Not Nadia tho, just the males, lol! I'm starting to believe this is a game meme.