Will SWTOR stop development? is there coming an expansion? do we have any guarantes?

Aionimir

haha sorry for the misspelling :p but i love swtor and ive been playing the game since the game launched. i REALLY want to go all inn and invest alot of hours and money on this game BUT.. where is this game going? world of warcraft is a game i doubt will stop developement or shut down in the future, but what about swtor? will they continue investing and developing the only good mmorpg game for star wars fans?

The question is not if there will be an expansion, but when and how big.

While Keith and Eric confirmed an expansion is in the works, they gave no real indication of timing of release (except that we are at least two updates - 5.9 and 5.10 - away from 6.0) and what would be included in that expansion. The optimist will say, "well they usually release expansions in the October to December range, so an expansion is right around the corner." The pessimist would counter that, "RotHC was in fact an April release, so it could be another full year before we see said expansion."

As to what will be included in that expansion...

Guarantees: more story. This is the primary pillar of this game. Yes it is an MMORPG, but has always been about the story. Most likely it will be a one-size-fits-all story...again, but maybe just maybe with a return to Pub vs Imp we might get two faction stories (like RotHC).

After that, it's anyone's guess. What I will say is that there will be a new WZ and arena map, a few FPs, and an operation....but NOT at expansion launch.