The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Warlord Kephess Rendering Problem

I'm having a bit of a delay with Warlord Kephess (final boss of EC) rendering for me. I suspect a lot of it has to do with my computer, however I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get him to render for me faster after the droid phase when he jumps into the sky and lands in his red aoe. Once anything is down it renders fine, I just had this one pull on him where it felt like it took 10 seconds for him to render. I tried setting my viewable character limit to very high, but it didn't work.

I could try getting closer to the red aoe and waiting for him to come down (when tanking him). Any tips or advice for something else I could try? Thanks

I had a similar issue a while ago. I found that he rendered for a very brief moment when he first came down. I was able to use that time to focus target him. If you can't focus target him right away, try grabbing him from your cotank's target of target. Whenever I needed to tank him, I would click the focus target and single taunt him. It worked fairly well. When you are tanking him, back up a few steps so you know which way his cleave is pointing.

There is also a different problem where bosses/adds appear to be hundreds of meters away in your target frame. If you are unable to hit Kephess but know where he should be, aoe and aoe taunts will still work normally.

I suspect you are having the first issue. That said, rendering errors are rarely consistent. Best of luck with EC
:)

I had a similar issue a while ago. I found that he rendered for a very brief moment when he first came down. I was able to use that time to focus target him. If you can't focus target him right away, try grabbing him from your cotank's target of target. Whenever I needed to tank him, I would click the focus target and single taunt him. It worked fairly well. When you are tanking him, back up a few steps so you know which way his cleave is pointing.

There is also a different problem where bosses/adds appear to be hundreds of meters away in your target frame. If you are unable to hit Kephess but know where he should be, aoe and aoe taunts will still work normally.

I suspect you are having the first issue. That said, rendering errors are rarely consistent. Best of luck with EC
:)

Thx for the advice.

My recent experience mirrored this comment: "rendering errors are rarely consistent" and has led me to seriously consider a new computer.