The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

It's funny...comparing this game to wow.

Sanquind

The problem with saying that this game is on the level of Vanilla is that this is 2011 and the standards of releases have changed. The majority of us have played a good mmorpg for the most part. One that has allowed us to play with little game breaking or mechanic errors. Games like that have set standards that unfortunately new games have to abide by otherwise their game will not last.

All of us compare the game to World of Warcraft because lets be honest, over the seven years that game has been out, It has done a damn fine job at fine tuning the small things that make it run smooth.

-I am a Swtor fanboy, not WoW so this is not biased at all.

Edited by Pipluplol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To OP, how does it feel to argue an invalid point?

Like others have said, this should not be compared to WoW at launch, that was 7 years ago. This should be compared to WoW to date. After how much MMOs have changed over the past 7 years - including WoW...people also should EXPECT more.

You replace your 2004 automobile with a 2011, it costs you the same price - it looks the same, has the same safety features, same audio system and even the same recalls from 2004. Wouldn't you be bothered?

Or would you just tell yourself "Oh, my old car had all the same problems and features back when I bought it 7 years ago - no biggie" - just to make it yourself feel better?

People want so bad to claim that this game is the next greatest thing since sliced bread - that they're blind to it's flaws.

Edited by Euphorix

Negative, WoW's Character Responsivness and Gameplay Feedback was the same as it is today. There is an elaborate thread on this subject...

Please don't blind yourself by love or hatred for a Game or Company... heaping these misguided praises upon SW:TOR and Bioware does the game "no" good. In fact you impede the potential success that could be accomplished by fixing "key" issues.

Not true at all. When it first came out, character responsiveness sucked at times. It still happens sometimes after a patch, too.

Once more. Seven years have nothing to do. This is competition. You do not compete with vanilla wow. You compete with 7-YO wow. And if you think of it, if an aged game can comfortably compete with a new multi-million one, there is something wrong.

People are complaining for things THEY ALREADY have from another game. People are not as patient as they were with wow because simply back then wow was far superior than anything else (this is not biased. numbers showed that) and they had NO CHOICE. Now people have a choice and this make them more demanding.

I really hope this will work both ways with blizzard as well. If this game succeeds a little, they will realize they are not alone. This will make them less arrogant.

So, yes I can compare since I am a consumer and I choose. I may be a bit more patient than others but NO WAY as I were with wow. I have my wow subscription still active and I feel I have the choice. If BW messes things, no fanboi can save it. If they respect their paying customers I will stay here and watch this game evolve and succeed. EASY AS THAT.

So you expect a startup game to have 3 expansions worth of content, flawless interface, balanced and flawless PvP along with ranking system and arenas?

You sir are "special"... beyond all belief.

Once more. Seven years have nothing to do. This is competition. You do not compete with vanilla wow. You compete with 7-YO wow. And if you think of it, if an aged game can comfortably compete with a new multi-million one, there is something wrong.

It is competing just fine. People whine about things they got because Blizzard catered to what people asked for. The players of this game can ask for something and maybe they can get it. Or, on the other hand, the devs can ignore it and say "We want to take the game in this direction", and continue to ban add-ons and macros.

Personally, I hope they do that. That is what I want. I don't want all of the stupid features WoW has. You see, that's the thing... I'm a player and other people are players, and we all want different things. Only one side can win on this one. So far, my side is winning because this game DOESN'T have those things. They are competing with WoW by giving those of us that are tired of it (and all of its stupid bells and whistles) an alternative.

In fact you impede the potential success that could be accomplished by fixing "key" issues.

You really think that BioWare recognizes a problem, but then reads a post saying it's not really a big deal and just kicks up their feet and decides to let it be? :rolleyes: The posts claiming problems aren't really problems don't help at all, but they're not hurting anything either (besides taking up forum space).

Also, it *is* important to note that all these "game killer" posts ARE the same type of posts (even if for different reasons) that existed on WoW forums up to today. In other words, when you read a post saying that a single issue (or even collection of issues) will "make or break SWTOR" roll your eyes and then give actual feedback on the problem(s) as you experience them.